Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike coaching rate
Quote | Reply
So, whats the monthly rate from various coaches for a bike coach for a normal AG?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Bike coaching rate [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know exactly what a fair rate is - probably depends on the level of service and testing. You might also check out Bruce Hendler at Athleticamps.com (in Rocklin). Bruce know's his stuff and works in Testa's office one or two days a week. Why do you want to hire just a bike coach and not a tri coach - unless you are going to just bike race?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike coaching rate [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason, great question that I asked myself. Biking is by fair the weakest of my events. My wife happens to work with Steve Madden so I am just asking questions. So, Rocklin is pretty darn close to me also. I go by it everyday to work. (Assuming I do not get laid off next week). I would like to be close to a coach since I do much better talking face to face. So, who are the coaches around the Auburn, Ca area?

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You work at HP? Looks like a big restructuring coming - hope your job is OK!

Don't know any of the other bike only coaches and the local tri coach I would recommend quit coaching. TBF is good for beginners, but not sure how good for advanced levels. Brad K. is in Auburn - not sure what his rates are.

Bruce H. runs a ride leaving from the Raleys in Loomis on Tues at 5:30 doing SFRs up Indian Hill (slow frequency reps AKA Big Gears). You can go out there for free and most cycling coaches will probably recommend them and put them on your schedule anyway. If you need work on the hills then drop into the ravine go out the Foresthill side, drop down Mammoth Bar, back out and up, drop down Clementine and back out then back up to Auburn. That gives you about 3K in 1:30 to 2:00 depending on your fitness and eliminates the junk miles (important if you work and have other life stuff to deal with). Those types of rides just make you strong. You also have Bald Hill/Baxter grade, etc. If you need work on the flats then go do solo intervals up and down AF road - 1 stoplight in 14 miles. The tricky part is mixing in the other sports, which is important that your coach understands the other sports and not just train you like a bike racer.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike coaching rate [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason, yep, I have worked for HP for 26 years. I sure am hoping to retire there since I have loved the ride. I have always been treated fairly and love the people. But, will see.

I know Mark and Bill from TBF very well. Great guys. What got me thinking what I should be doing is when I was talking to Steve yesterday, he told me hills would not make me fasters. Thats about all I have in the foothills. AF to me is scarey since the darn cars go so so fast. The best place I have found to ride is the Donner Tri board course. (I do not go down the big hill except for races). There are very few cars, and the road is kept first class. Altitude would seem to help also. It is just an hour drive each way from my house.

Your comment on junk miles is where I am really trying to understand what I should focus on. I started riding my bick from Roseville to the park and ride on 80 at newcastle. The way home is pretty much all uphill. But, I do not push that hard, especially when it gets real hot. I was using my computrainer the other day on a netathlon course that has the large steep long hill and working real hard to try and keep 200 watts going which I could not keep after a while.

So, putting all the above together is why I was thinking of a coach. My swim is okay. My run is okay. My transistions are fine. Its just my bike stinks and I probably do put on junk miles.

So, while going through this, what are folks opinions. Are hills junk miles? Should I use my computrainer and work on keeping a certain wattage which I think I had an input on before here. If I set up the computer for some views, would I want to do this on a flat course or hilling course? You can see I am an engineer, lots of questions.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$350.00/mo, www.arniebakercycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We charge $162.00 for a personal and individualized training program using HRM training. For bike training using a power meter we charge an extra 25.00 per month. We are USAt and USCF certified coaches. Hope we can hlep!

Lee Zohlman, Lead Coach/President
BodyZen Multi Sport Coaching
http://www.bodyzen.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the great Eddie Merckx would say "ride lots." That's free advice... Sounds like you really need a tri coach who will help you focus on your biking. In order for a bike coach to be effective, he'd have to know your other workouts. So might as well get one person to plan all sports. That way they know how much to tone down the other two when they bump up your biking volume.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy Chris Carmichael's The Ultimate RIde for $14 and your set me thinks...........

Cheap like borsch as my grandma would say.

t~
Quote Reply