Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which software to make slide show with music?
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of digital race photos that I would like to put onto disk (both CD and DVD) and have the pics sync’d to music, etc. to have the end result a cool slide show. Transitions, text adding, and ease of use are also important to me.

Which program is the best for this application?
Quote Reply
Re: Which software to make slide show with music? [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a great question. I am told iphoto is a good choice, but it is Mac specific.

Powerpoint?

I'm told it is labor intensive. Also Windows Picture and Media Viewer bundled in with Windows XP.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which software to make slide show with music? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a few and they all seem to have shortfalls. I can live without 4000 transitions, etc., but some programs have significant limitations on format issues. One (I forgot which) needed a certain music format to import, another (Powerpoint) wouldn't burn a DVD format that was readable from several DVD players. The version of Powerpoint I tried was 2 years old. I figure the Apple product prefers their music and video formats, but I'm only guessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like "Pictures to EXE". Have used it to make photo DVDs of my son's soccer season. Mixed in some great 70s tunes and gave them away as end-of-season gifts. The parents love 'em.

Sounds like it would meet your needs - always worked well for me.

Mark

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Photodex, I have made professional quality slide shows with it and it was worth every penny. You can try before you buy, just down load and go!

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Another option is Windows Movie Maker available from MS as a free down load for windows XP computers. See their download area.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

Good luck