Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on meeting somewhere down in LP? I think Slowman should come up with a banner and have a ST table on main street, near a bar. :)
I will be leaving to go down on Sunday so I would like to hear if anyone wants to meet and greet while down there.
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend High Peaks Cyclery on Main Street, but no bar there. I am just a stick in the mud anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Placid Planet better. :) They seem more tri friendly.
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No bar there either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bar is more for the woman than me of course. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorade Swim Saturday morning 9am on the floating dock! I'll bring the beer!

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The woman you are bringing, or the one you hope to meet? If the latter, you are on the wrong forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in - as long as you decide prior to Tuesday a.m. - will be heading north on the interstate and will be w/o internet access / email... :(

Doug

(i just verbed myself, and it feels pretty good).
Dan Empfield aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the live TdF broadcasts, Placid Planet always seems to have a TV going and tends to be a place for people to congregate. Maybe we could try to meet there Thurs or Fri morning.

Though, as others have noted, "no bar."

Would be interesting to meet some other ST'ers for once, although I did see Art last year, from a distance, when he was ...ahem... introduced at the carbo dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote would Thursday morning after the swim, then adjourn to the Black Bear for breakfast. make that meal last long enough we could head over to the pub near the swim start (who's name eludes me at the moment)
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to that the nut case who listed his job as GQ model wannabe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Hard to believe that some people actually list fake occupations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both bike shops are excellent....but , Brian Delaney and family who are the proprietors of High Peaks are good people.
Brian's a vet of numerous IM's and I'm pretty sure he's gone to Kona at least once.

I know they've done excellent by me in the past.

Not sure I'm going to make it myself, but, have a great time to all that are going.

Fish

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard that it didn't work out for him. He thought that exposure would inevitably lead to more exposure, but, surprisingly, GQ wasn't interested.

Serves him right.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch meeting in Lake Placid [usagold98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Gatorade Swim Saturday morning 9am on the floating dock! I'll bring the beer![/reply]

I like that idea.. I am getting there mod morning friday. will be swimming on saturday for sure.
Quote Reply