Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Randy,

You will not find a better suit on the market than the entire Huub product line. The amazing thing about the Aegis is it can very well compete with most companies top of the line suit.

I've only tried the Aerious 4:4 so far, but I can honestly say it's the most comfortable thing I've ever tried on, has extreme breath-ability and can really get you right in the water. That's not even their top of the line stuff, that's what's amazing to me.

It's wicked easy to get on, the rubber feels more flexible than any other suit I've owned(helix, alpha, etc) and because of that it's also easy to get off. Little extra features like an xo skeleton to prevent fishtailing and poor lower body mechanics.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [Chris Athey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the past few years I have been using a mid-range long john (2XU T:2). I have no complaints but popular opinion seems to favor that a decent full sleeve will give me a bit of additional speed. I don't have a swimming background but have been able to go + 1 hr for IM; I'm looking for a suit that will offer superb flexibility in the shoulders, not be constricting in the chest but also not let in as much water as the long john suits. My ideal suit would be something that is super thin for the upper body (to allow expansion and flexibility) and offer a little bit of buoyancy for the lower body. That would be a 1:3 or 2:3 in Huub's verbiage but as I haven't found anything like that, the 3:5 will hopefully do the trick. The full sleeve suits I have tried in the past always feel too tight in the chest no matter what I have done in terms of adjustments (i.e. working the suit up as high as possible).
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this sort of return policy ought to be standard among wetsuit companies. when we incepted this category, a quarter century ago, our policy was this: 14 days, do what you want in the wetsuit, return for a full refund if unhappy, just, don't write the name in it, and we want it clean (no vaseline, etc.).

we were roundly pilloried by both retailers and the other (surf) wetsuit companies, who said we were setting a very dangerous precedent. we sold 13,000 or 14,000 wetsuits a year, we got maybe 5 or 10 wetsuits returned each year. maybe some triathletes buy a wetsuit, race in it, and return it for a refund. but very, very few, and these few folks shouldn't cause a wetsuit company to shoot itself in the foot by refusing to offer this money back policy.

we'd take all the wetsuits we'd get back over course of the year, through returns (very few), and warranty, we'd fix them, sell them all to a retailer at the end of the year for his demo sale or rental program. this is the industry standard, and any wetsuit company ought to meet this standard.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [Chris Athey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan was super helpful when I got my first suit from him 20 years ago. We are emulating that at Huub with a 2 week test as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't buy a wetsuit I can't try on and swim in first and I won't buy shoes I can't at least take an easy treadmill run in and I won't buy a bike I can't take for a decent ride. So I go to retailers that allow for this. For me I ended up with Xterra, though I have seen great service from other companies as well.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: who lets you return them after swimming? [HuubChris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuubChris wrote:
Dan was super helpful when I got my first suit from him 20 years ago. We are emulating that at Huub with a 2 week test as well.

In researching my next wetsuit I was encouraged by this post

Then looked at their website

Can’t try a wetsuit anymore or they charge 50%

10 years things change

https://huubusa.com/...exchanges-warranties
Quote Reply

Prev Next