Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Burping?
Quote | Reply
At the Delaware Diamondman Half IM this weekend, I experienced a good bit of burping during the bike and run. Sound familiar to anyone? I ate roughtly 300 calorioes per hour on the bike between Balance Bars and PowerGel, and ate PowerGel on the run. Is burping a sign of overeating in a tri? Is it the combination of foods (PowerGel, Balance, Gatorade). I never felt sick, just let out several loud burps that were followed up with apologies to racers nearby.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice your gift." Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Burping? [shermantank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This won't help you much - but I did Big Kahuna half IM yesterday and was burping a lot on the bike. I drank about 1000 calories of carbo-pro/accelerade mixture on a 2:50 bike (yeah I'm not fast) - maybe a little too much early. I'm 5'9 145-150 pounds so a little high on the calories for me. Burped a lot - otherwise fine - slowed down the drinking - esp. calories and was fine on the run.

I think mine was from drinking/"eating" a bit too much but I don't think it slowed me down - I adjusted it and it slowly got better over 30-40 minutes.

Future changes - I think I'll mix it slightly less concentrated - like maybe 800-900 calories and I'll try to spread it out more evenly on the bike. I like to be on the high side on the bike cuz I don't like taking too many calories on the run....

David
Quote Reply