Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

early marathon befor tri season next year...
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of doing an early (Jan -March) marathon next year before I go into full tri mode...my question: Is this a set up for possible injury/burnout?

I was hoping to use the mary training as a base building time to set up the tri season...I already have a solid base and want to build on it. I'm currently on R&R mode and plan to keep my workouts unstructured and very easy for the next few weeks, then go back into a slowly building training mode in October or Nov...I can probably ramp up for a marathon in 8 - 10 weeks. I would not be looking to burn up the marathon course.

next season' goals will 1/2 IM (I did my first 1/2 this year) with a few OLYs -- my work schedule will limit the number of races (I'M in politics and its an election year :-))

as an FYI, I am a strong runner but have been prone to minor injuries this year...my swim is strong...I need to work on my bike -- especially on flat all out fast courses -- I ride better in comparison to others on hilly courses -- which baffles me.

thanks.

"We will either find a way, or make one." -- Hannibal, General of the Carthaginian Army
Quote Reply
Re: early marathon befor tri season next year... [lacverde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this a set up for a possible injury/burnout? I think so. That said, I am going to do the same thing. I have a 1/2 IM (maybe 2) and an OD on next years schedule (and maybe a couple of sprints). I am running Chicago next month and would like to do an early spring (March / April) marathon. What I'd like to do different next year is not train for triathlon and a marathon at the same time. That wasn't to bright of me...
Quote Reply