Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's everyone training for? [lesage918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to pluck up the courage to race a Time Trial in August/Sept.
I've done tris for about 5 years but am kind of new to the cycling scene. Looking at the start lists and results, not many chicks participate but I think I would do OK in a TT. I'm also doing a bike race in October (70 mile tour).
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [raz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doooo it! What do you have to lose? Really? If you are terrible at it at least you went out and did it. Then you can decide if it is for you or not.

And tell us how it goes :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my IM in Houston in May. Now I'm a little burnt out on so much training. Running a few 1/2 marathons over the summer (100+ degrees). Maybe I'll do a sprint tri or two, but mostly training for Dallas Marathon in December.
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vineman was last weekend, and I do not have anything scheduled for the rest of the year except volunteering (Mystery Mountain marathon, Duncan Ridge 50K, Atlanta Thanksgiving Half). I injured my knee because of over-exuberant race registration last year (RnR Savannah marathon and Disney's Goofy Challenge), so there is a race moratorium until I recover from Vineman. However, since I finished with a friend on the run and we did not push the pace, I am tempted to add some races to the schedule.

Next year, though, I have the Publix GA marathon and IM Lake Tahoe. I am already excited about Tahoe and planning how to train for it. : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new A race (had to withdraw from IM due to injury) is a Fall 5 mile river swim. First half is against current, second half with.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just realized that I have a GGBridge swim next weekend. I had forgotten all about it !
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AW,
I'm so jealous that you're doing the Suck. When I had to pull out of my IM due to injury, the first thing I thought was "now is my chance to Swim the Suck." Coach put the kabash on that though, limiting me to nothing longer than 10K in October. It's definitely on my bucket list. Was going to be next year, but I'm pushing back the IM a year so that will push the Suck to 2014. Keep us posted on how it goes!

BTW, I've had some email correspondence with Karah, the RD. She seems like a rally great gal.

Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious about your 5mi? Where is it & is it still open? I'm still open to picking up other races in the meantime.

Does swimming aggravate the injuries too? Poor thing, you're just getting kicked around everywhere.

It should be entertaining. It's going to be more of a survival than a true race for me, but it's brought me back to swimming at a level I haven't in quite a while, so that's good.

Karah is awesome to deal with. I had a bit of an extenuating circumstance this year for my registration, she's been a gem. If the rest of the race goes as smoothly as that did (which should have been a debacle) then I'll want to go back every year. Unfortunately, I've got a swimming bucket list a mile long, so I'll just wind up peppering my favorites back in over time I'm sure.

Hang in there, a little patience, good treatment & positive thinking and you'll be back at it. Follow the treatment plans!!!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AW,
It's the week after the Suck. I imagine you'll be ready for a break by then!

Last edited by: Tri3: Aug 4, 12 15:07
Quote Reply
Re: What's everyone training for? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the time trial. Thanks for the encouragement! It was so much fun. I chose the longer 30k option and ended up first Cat 4, 3rd overall female. I really want to do another one soon. Hopefully a flatter 40k TT :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job!! Congratulations!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NICE! Great to hear it went so well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next