Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Flow Trainer
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using a Tacx Flow Trainer?

I looking for a reasonably priced trainer that measures power output. The Tacx Flow Trainer
retails for about $350 and has these features:

Heart rate current, average, maximum. Power in watt current, average, maximum. Pedaling frequency current, average, maximum, total number of pedal cycles per ride. Speed current, average, maximum, trip distance and ODO. Stopwatch cycling time. Average indicator. Visual display of brake operation and slope Brake calibration guarantees accurate power measurement. Frequency and tension of the electric supply 50 or 60 Hertz (automatically identified) MODIFIABLE DATA; Power from 10-999 Watt, in increments of 10. Resistance from -4 to + 9 in increments of 1. Body weight setting 40 to 120 kg. Speed in km or miles per hour Trip use in kCal / kJoule (Heart rate belt not included).

Any feedback or other suggestions would be appreciated as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flow Trainer [Yossarian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one. I find the gizmos fun to play with. It's a good trainer for the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y,

Try a search for earlier threads about the Tacx trainers. I bought the Tacx Basic this winter and it has been great. Nice and quiet, good display, easy set-up. This is my first trainer so can't compare but I certainly have no negative feedback for you.

robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy a Tacx Flow trainer and came across this old message while researching it on ST.

Did you buy a Flow? Do you still like it? Is the wattage info accurate? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flow Trainer [RAinBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy a Tacx Flow trainer and came across this old message while researching it on ST.

Do you still like it? Is the wattage info accurate? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flow Trainer [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Did you buy a Flow? Do you still like it? Is the wattage info accurate? How is the noise level? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flow Trainer [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin,

I have been using the trainer much more this winter and am actually enjoying it. I have no real idea whether the wattage is accurate or not only because I have nothing to compare it to. The machine itself is nice and quiet and I really like the ability to increase the tension to simulate hill training. Also picks up the signal from my polar HRM which is handy. All in all a great addition to the household and quite a bargain too when compared to some of the others.

Good luck with your decision,

robert
Quote Reply