Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who carries a hand-gun while riding? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahem, it's all in your footer.

Change

"...superior bike fitness is like a nuclear arsenal -- it's most effective when NOT used!" Gordo

to

"...A gun in the household is like a nuclear arsenal -- it's most effective when NOT used!" Hook'em

BTW, your "in" should be "is"
Last edited by: Hook'em: May 3, 05 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: Who carries a hand-gun while riding? [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride with a grenade. Pin pulled of course. That way if i fall its over for the sorry loser who hit me...
Quote Reply
Re: Who carries a hand-gun while riding? [liquidblue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a good story from a friend of mine, yes, it actually happenend.

He went mountain biking in so cal with a handgun. It was in an area where a few months earlier the national news story of the mountain biker getting mauled by a mtn lion happened. It was the story where the rider was taken down while riding and was faught off by friends or something. There also was a missing person in the area a week before. That might not be accurate but close enough. So, my buddy was riding in the area and spotted a mountain lion, acting unusally friendly,..read: he was stalking him. He pulled the gun and rode to higher ground, pulled the cell phone, called the cops and ended up with a helocopter ride out of the area. The cops didn't hastle him about the gun, either because of the status of the area, National Forest vs. BLM land or something. I also think the cops respected that he wasn't a gang banger causing trouble. I think he did a great job considering he could have blasted the Lion. One argument is that he should have, it might save the next victim. Or, he did the right thing letting the animal be. I dont know which is right, but i probably would have blasted the thing. Animals are great and all but a mountain lion isn't the house cat that the Discovery Channel like shows and PETA like to show. I'm sure if it was the PETA's son or daughter, you bet the lion would be history.

I've never carried a handgun while riding mtn or road but, it's likely i will on the mtn, and possible on the road... I'd be all for a concealed carry permit.

Quote Reply

Prev Next