Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 6 edition
Quote | Reply
Valentine's Day is coming!!!

How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were 10k swim and hmmm I think that was it. Had

swim - 8,100 yds (3x)
run - 64.1 miles (7x)

I've just been pressed for time in the AM as far as swimming and I don't have time after. School is going super well ... still haven't heard back from any PhD programs :-(

Goals for this week: 10k swim, let the running take care of itself. And EAT LESS CANDY.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week wasn't TOO bad... I bailed on a bike because my outdoor dirt road ride got canceled and I bailed on a swim because I didn't have time on superbowl sunday.
Otherwise, long run went super well thanks to making sure I had a running buddy the ENTIRE time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
My goals were 10k swim and hmmm I think that was it. Had

swim - 8,100 yds (3x)
run - 64.1 miles (7x)

I've just been pressed for time in the AM as far as swimming and I don't have time after. School is going super well ... still haven't heard back from any PhD programs :-(

Goals for this week: 10k swim, let the running take care of itself. And EAT LESS CANDY.

Well done - good for you on school work ! The PhD programs will all accept you, it'd just be nice to get it in writing. No worries. You're amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job on long run. I've had weeks where things didn't go as planned, but you did well. And the super bowl is just once a year!!!
Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week went well, but daughter's both in town, so didn't get an extra ride and an extra swim that I thought I was going to. All in all, probably good.

Bike 4:30 x 2 - goal was 6 hours
Run 47.5 x 6 - goal was 50 miles, so I was close. Did a 17 miler on Sunday, Hips ached for a while. I may be to the point where I should just take a week or two off running. I'll decide soon. I'd like to be strong enough to do Boston and IM TX - not fast, but I don't want to hurt.
Swim 6k x 2 - good swims, I am trying to like it more.

This coming week.
Bike x 4 for 6:30 hours
Run x 5 for around 50 miles
Swim x 3 for 8-9 K.

Happy training every one.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 6 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well done - good for you on school work ! The PhD programs will all accept you, it'd just be nice to get it in writing. No worries. You're amazing.

Thanks. That's a really sweet way to phrase it. A friend here said "you'll be flying all over the place this spring." I liked that too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jammed on many fronts, which is the reason for this late response. My highest run volume week ever--58 miles! And all the body parts are still agreeable.

Other sports are suffering from lack of volume, but I've been working the Finding Freestyle program, and been making startling time gains on very low volume. This week is a run cutback, so I'm hoping to get more swim and bike time in.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply