Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just to confirm... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think being able to identify muscle weaknesses and imbalances could be crucial to a high level athlete. Not only for efficiency and performance, but also injury prevention. It doesn't seem that tricoach is offering a cookie cutter strength plan. It seems to be very specific to the athlete. Do your athletes do any strength work?

Not a troll, I would just like to see your opinion since it seems to be different than Bob's

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Just to confirm... [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My athletes do specific strength training all year, I would say everytime they're out training.

How do you propose to address specific muscle weaknesses in a non-specific way? Not to be a troll, just want to know your opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: who are the best coaches in the USA [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Like a spouse, the best one is very specific to the needs and goals of a given athletes. Just cause someone is a perfect coach for another person may not make that person perfect for you.

Finally, I have to question any coach who coaches Ironmans and has never done one him/herself. I truly believe that someone cannot grasp all that Ironman entails from a mental perspective to really shed light and guidance on the event for actual race day execution. There are a few exceptions, who Ironman coach already successful pros, but it is easy to put the finishing paint on a Ferrari once the chassis and engine are already built. It is harder to work with the raw talent from the get go, especially if the genetics are not high end and you have to build up the engine, controls and computing systems from scratch.

Dev,

Why don't you start a thread with this post, I think it will be an interesting discussion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I am specifically confused. :-)

What I was wondering was, do you have your guys tested for muscle weaknesses? For example if one leg lacks the same muscle power as the other while cycling. How would you address that? Or do you believe that these sort of things are just not as critical as it may apppear to be?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Just to confirm... [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to see some scientific evidence of the benefits of traditional strength training in endurance sports. Until then...
Quote Reply
Re: who are the best coaches in the USA [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the best coaches in any sport and I think you'll find they either never competed, or never competed at a high level in the event they coach. It takes a lot more then having some experience chugging through a 13 hour ironman to turn someone into a top tier professional triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: who are the best coaches in the USA [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Another to the list...

Susan Williams' (bronze in Athens) coach [b][font "Arial"][#002a7a]Bob Seebohar [/#002a7a][/font][/b]out of Littleton, CO, level III.[/reply]

Bob is no longer in Colorado but has moved to Florida, Gainesville I think at the University. I can get the exact location if you are really interested.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: who are the best coaches in the USA [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Another to the list...

Susan Williams' (bronze in Athens) coach [b][font "Arial"][#002a7a]Bob Seebohar [/#002a7a][/font][/b]out of Littleton, CO, level III.[/reply]

Forget my first post. Bob is here.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Last edited by: Frank Day: Feb 20, 06 21:43
Quote Reply
Re: Just to confirm... [tricoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That said, the role of a strength coach for this type of athlete is crucial in that a properly designed, periodized strength program can improve the efficiency and economy of the sport specific actions required in triathlon.

Can strength training be linked to efficiency or economy in sport in any way? I share SAC's view that the best form of strength training for endurance sport is the sport itself.

The definitions -

>> economy is measured as movement velocity for a given energy consumption, while efficiency is mechanical power output for a given energy >>consumption
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you starting trouble?? Again??????? Put a guy in the top three in an IM event and then pop off....
Quote Reply

Prev Next