Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ice cream trucks
Quote | Reply
I almost got hit by one last night. I was in a cross walk and he was texting and blowing off a stop sign. Does anyone have an idea how hard it is to scream obscenities at an ice cream truck without laughing?
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [atgnat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not fun. Texting and driving is a deadly combo.

What I wonder is how they make any kind living in this age of huge freezers and expensive gas. I can see maybe it could work in warm places where they can work for 12 months out of the year, but where we live, the "ice cream season" is barely three months. And then, in our neighborhood, they're always driving by with the music blaring right at the time our son, a toddler, is trying to go to sleep.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since you brought it up, I have the music in my head...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/...youtube_gdata_player

No, not a Rick roll.
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you have the Tosh.0 Update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxYvfCkOTQ

That is pretty sad. I almost got killed a few years ago by an ambulance.

Not a speeding ambulance.
Not an ambulance with the lights on racing...

But cut into my lane and knocked me off the road.

And tsk tsk tsk to the Massachusetts State Police. Saw a Statie BACKUP on a highway because he missed an exit. One of the most dangerous things you can do. And no, did not look like he was on a call. No lights. No siren. No speeding.
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least it sounds cool of you get whacked by a cop or an ems unit. I can't imagine a lot of props explaining to the people in the hereafter that I was wacked by an ice cream truck. I mean, that's got to be the whimpiest thing to be run over by ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the ice cream truck was just helping train little kiddie-runners and didn't see you...? [link]

---
U of N Alabama: Triathlon & XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the guy said, it totally lowers the street cred getting hit by an ice cream truck.

http://tricook.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah... That is easy to beat.

1) A Smart car

2) Granny on one of those trikes:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That made me laugh. I'm glad you're OK.

I love ice cream trucks, especially when they have those ice cream bars on them with the different colored thingies on the outside.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think an ice cream truck as a team car in a pro race would be great. They could hand out Infinit and ice cream cones in the musette bags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son and I were almost taken out by a Prius while we were running.
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [jsoderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsoderman wrote:
I think an ice cream truck as a team car in a pro race would be great. They could hand out Infinit and ice cream cones in the musette bags.

that would be amazing. play the ice cream truck jingle and everybody would salivate like a beast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got taken out by a granny on a trike. I was just about to pass her on a multi use path when she decided to pull a no look u-turn.

She was fine. I banged up my elbow pretty good. My wife couldn't stop laughing.
Quote Reply
Re: Ice cream trucks [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am surprised you did not give her a heart attack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atgnat wrote:
I almost got hit by one last night. I was in a cross walk and he was texting and blowing off a stop sign. Does anyone have an idea how hard it is to scream obscenities at an ice cream truck without laughing?

I didnt envision this being a problem for you.

I guess you have hardened the f* up in the last years since this first post.

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a similar bizarre circumstance, early one morning before sunrise (but lit up like an Xmas Tree) I was doing some hill repeats on my bike, with some buddies. We did a short triangle loop with each leg being about 400m long or so. On about the 6th loop I was heading down the hill at about 60kph, like I'd done 5 times already that morning and tons of mornings previously.

There was a garbage truck on the wrong side of the road also going downhill. At the very last second he weaved back onto my side of the road and cut me off. He was doing maybe 15kph. I slammed on the brakes (couldn't pass as there was a car coming up the hill). I locked the rear wheel, grabbed more brake and screamed an almighty FAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKK!. The two gorilla's on the back, looked around and started laughing their balls off. I just about hit the back of the truck but juuuuuust managed to pull up short. My front wheel was no more than 10cm from the rear of the truck.

My life flashed in front of my eyes as I assumed if I hit the garbage truck I'd just topple into the garbage hopper and the lunatics would just pull the lever to get rid of the evidence and tip me out at the garbage dump an hour later! I stopped doing hill repeats on garbage day after that.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply