Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mid-Atlantic Womens' Commission
Quote | Reply
Hey Ladies,

Wanted to cross promote this here even though I know readers live all over the place and not just in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S.

Announcing the USAT- Mid-Atlantic Women’s Commission
Do you do triathlons, duathlons and other multisport/endurance events? Are you thinking about doing a triathlon this year? If so, we would love for you to be a part of the new USAT Mid-Atlantic Women’s Commission.

Our mission statement is to develop opportunities and programs that encourage women into multisport and endurance athletics, enabling them to become confident, successful athletes.

What does it cost to become a member? The USAT Mid-Atlantic Women’s Commission is a free service that is included with an annual USAT membership.

What are the benefits of the Women’s Commission?
1. Membership in a supportive, safe and encouraging group that has your well-being, fitness and self-confidence in their best interest.
2. Access to an all-female multisport community via Facebook (official launch in February 2011) that will provide reassurance, support, expertise and inspiration as well as resources, educational forum discussions, clinics, webinars, etc.
3. An opportunity to participate in the Veteran-Novice Mentoring Program.
4. Opportunities to win multi-sport related prizes for participation in programs.

Who is the Women’s Commission? The USAT Mid-Atlantic Women’s Commission is made up of friendly female multi-sport enthusiasts including race directors, Team USA members, and triathlon coaches from across the region that are passionate about promoting multi-sport to women everywhere. Michele Redrow and JoAnna Younts, both USAT-MA Regional Council Members, are our Co-Chairwomen.

How do I join the Women’s Commission? Simply email mredrow@usat-ma.org and you will become an annual member, opening up some great opportunities to further develop your multisport lifestyle.

Calling all coaches, race directors, trainers in the Mid-Atlantic Region….You can now apply for a 2011 USAT-MA Women’s Commission Grant. There are opportunities for all women’s events to apply for grants to further develop their programs. Chosen programs can be awarded up to $500 to further enhance their plans. Contact JoAnna Younts at jyounts@usat-ma.org for the grant application.

We can’t wait to meet each and every one of you at the races and on our Facebook page. We, at the Women’s Commission, are here for you ladies. So please feel free to contact us at any time. We are always looking to add to our leadership commission too. If interested in being on the Womens’ Commission Board of Directors, please email JoAnna Younts at jyounts@usat-ma.org.

Here’s to a great 2011 multisport season!

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply