Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2
Quote | Reply
This guy is unbelievable!!! For those of you who did not see my thread, 48 hrs. ago this guy was trying to sell stuff that he cleary does not, or will not ever have in his posession to sell. Apparently, eBay terminated his user id prior to this and all he did was pick a new user id name and is back in business. I emailed him just to waste his time and get his hopes up. He told me that he's from Spain and he is a bike shop and that he will only accept Western Union M.O.'s. He has some set of balls. He listed the exact same items. Heres the link: http://cgi6.ebay.com/...p;sort=3&rows=25
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [da5511] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know this guy is not for real?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm....Is it normal to say you have one item to sell, and then list it in three sizes? (54, 56, 58cm) like he does for 3 out of four bikes? And where did he take all the pictures? Must be a nice house that he's got to have all different rooms and areas to photograph bikes! Too bad he picked such primo rides....the people bidding on them would be people that know what the heck they are shopping for! Why not try to pawn off a Trek hybrid or lower-level Specialized? I don't see the benefit of selling an item that mostly advanced riders would be interested in? Side-note - campy record looks sweet even in pictures...

Hope he doesn't stay up long!

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You see the Guru Crono, I helped build it. Last time I checked, I dont live in Canada. Look under completed items for Guru Crono on eBay and youll see the actual item under Gatormoots (user id)
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something else that's suspicious is that they're all 3-day auctions. Most sellers do 7-day auctions unless they're in a real hurry.
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also all high end bikes, put up for auction by a user without any feedback. If he owns a bike shop why is he trying to sell all these bikes all at once...it doesn't look like these are old stock that he is trying to get rid of.
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked him specific questions and he couldn't answer them. Most likely because he didn't have the bikes to look at. He just said I could have the bike now if I wired the money to him.

If you ever try and buy a bike over ebay, have them email you a picture of the bike with a piece of paper with your name on it attatched to the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow!! "get-a-job-you-jerk" really must want the bikes! he's bid on 3 already! and look at that guru! it's up to $12,000+! must be a really good bike :)

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is sad is that this guy can (and apparently will) continue to do this. Despite Ebay pulling his auctions, myself and others warning bidders via email, and those in the know bidding outrageous amounts to prevent anyone getting fleeced, this guy can keep coming back w/ new id's. The guy knows a bunch of people are on to him. God only knows how many people have emailed him dirty messages - I know have. He knows eventually he will get some sucker to pay so it's worth it to him. Under one of his previous guises, he actually had the nerve to post negative feedback on some guy who refused to send him a western union payment up front after winning his auction. Go here and then click on the (-1) under feedback to check that out: http://cgi.ebay.com/...&item=3614146048 What a joke! I think Irondad posted in the last ebay scam thread that this guy is based in Romania as was another seller suspected of being a con artist. I wonder if this is one guy or a group effort?

At least it seems like most bidders are careful. Here are the responses I got from 3 people who had high bids on his last set of "bikes." The scary thing is, right now he is easy to spot but eventually he's got to get smarter and change his MO.

thanks a lot. Nice to know people like yourself are watching out for others.
By the way I got an e-mail from e-bay that they retracted the auction
because a debt this guy has with him.

Dirk

Thanks for the warning. I quickly became aware of this with a quick search
for similar items.

This guy wrote and offered to end the auction early and sell to me if I sent
money.

I have his address but not sure who to report it to. If you can do anything
with it, good luck.

Thanks, Tom

eBay has already pulled the sale. I was suspicious and had planned to
complete the sale through a bike shop in his area. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My buddy contacted in March about this Colnago he saw on eBay. Some things were fishy, so we each asked some questions and got different reponses. Here is one of my buddies exchanges:

What is your buy it now price? Some other questions -
what kind of fork is it and what material?
what does dura ace drivetrain mean - the cranks and cassette?
what year is the frame?
Thanks

Man all what I know is on the auction, this bike is a gift from My cousin!

How much you can offer me right now? All shipping costs are payed by me. Where are you located? I'm from UK England

Regards

Funny - the ad said that he was in Canada, and when I -mailed him he told me the bike was in Canada. When I said I could see it in person...oops, the bike all the sudden was in England :)

I think the Colnago now is the exact same bike (photos) that my friend first saw.
Quote Reply
Re: Scumbag eBay Seller is at it again part 2 [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed him for shipping costs to see if he would respond (of course he claims he'll pay shipping). I then responded that I was interested but only if he'd do escrow. No surprise, I haven't heard back.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply