Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels
Quote | Reply
I know these wheels are new but, does anyone know the weight of these wheels and maybe how their aero performance compares to ZIPP? Thanks, T

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about Blackwell wheels, but the standard in aero rims has pretty much been set by Zipp. If it were me, I would buy a set of Zipp rims on 24h Dura-Ace hubs from a certain shop in Canada. You can get the "real thing" for the same price as the Blackwells.
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a thread about these on bicyclesports. Apparently they tested similar to 404s aero-wise, so they thought they were a great buy given the price.

----
Aerosexual.
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [andy497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, John Cobb owns Bicycle Sports which also makes the Blackwell Stealths and the whole line of Blackwell stuff. I doubt their review is unbiased, but I am curious; they look like something from a bike in Road Warrior.
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [andy497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do they run?
Quote Reply
URL and or photos please? (n/m) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: DRAwpt: Jun 21, 03 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they have them in the new bicycle sports catalogue for $899 (on sale from $999), but they only list a 700c size. do they even come in 650's?

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Blackwell Stealth Carbon Wheels [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tripoet said>they look like something from a bike in Road Warrior.

If you are referring to the catalog pics, beware of assigning too much creedence to the appearance based on a cheap grade catalog photo. Not only are the bikesport catalogs done with relatively cheap paper and ink (compare the quality to, say, Pottery Barn catalogs), but the photo appears to have been done with a consumer grade digicam without a lighting setup. Its really hard to get a good product photo with just a built in flash. You'd be surprised how much proper lighting can make a difference. You'd be really surprised how much goes into lighting good photos, even ones that appear to be totally natural outside ambient light. I'm absolutely certain that the uneven, cheap appearance of these wheels in the catalog photo has nothing to do with how they appear in actuality. I'm sure they are quality wheels hat you'll be happy to hang on your bike. Are the Zipp quality? Probably not. . .YET. But they ARE selling for significantly less $$ too.
Quote Reply