Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buffalo Springs lake 70.3 [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm coming back for #3, M45-49 this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs lake 70.3 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M60-64 this year.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jet black wrote:
Anybody else racing besides BBLOEHR (who looks like is going to destroy me in the m35-39 ag)?

thanks for the compliment, I will simply be trying not to get blown over and crash on the downhills or melt on the run. See you boys and girls out there.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs lake 70.3 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
jet black wrote:
Anybody else racing besides BBLOEHR (who looks like is going to destroy me in the m35-39 ag)?

thanks for the compliment, I will simply be trying not to get blown over and crash on the downhills or melt on the run. See you boys and girls out there.

Likewise. Just followed you on insta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BSLT #6 for me. I'll join y'all in the 35-39.
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs lake 70.3 [Gosub7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gosub7 wrote:

so having done this 6x maybe you can answer this. BBS tells me i will be going 47 mph down on of the hills with a 13mph cross wind, hills are that step? This sounds sketchy as hell to me, i don't like to ever hit the brakes in a race but crap.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt you'll hit those speeds. The only hill you might hit that on isn't on the course this year due to construction. All the other descents are rather curved. The entire day depends on the heat and the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Gosub7 wrote:

so having done this 6x maybe you can answer this. BBS tells me i will be going 47 mph down on of the hills with a 13mph cross wind, hills are that step? This sounds sketchy as hell to me, i don't like to ever hit the brakes in a race but crap.

You will not hit anywhere near 47mph on Sunday. The two climbs/downhills removed this year (due to construction) were the ones you could really bomb the downhills on, but even then I don't think 47mph was possible, unless you weigh 250lbs ;-). The downhills you'll see this year are either 1) steep but too short to get going too fast, or 2) twisty, so you'll be riding the brakes.

Good luck!
Last edited by: mbwallis: Jun 23, 16 19:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that was pretty tough. Run was hard. Bike was pretty fun except the long stretch into the wind and when I was a dumbass and hit the deck.

Glad to see hard work pay off. Finished in 4:53:06 which is a 20 min 70.3 PR for me and this course is easily the hardest one I've done.
Quote Reply

Prev Next