Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big training then throwing up!
Quote | Reply
Strange thing happened to me each the past two saturdays.I have been having some monster bricks to get in some hard miles eg

:4hour bike(2 hours above Half IM pace)2 hour run (above Half IM race pace)

and

:3 hour bike (2.5 hrs @half IM pace) 1hr 55min run (@half IM pace)

Both these sessions ended with me lying on the floor,nauseas,totally depleted, unable to hold any any fluids or solid for around 2 hours.Now obviously I did something in training that resulted in this condition, I am just interested as to what others think it might be.I regularly go out on 6 hr rides, and 4/5/6 hour bricks I've done before too, but they were all aerobic. This is the first time I went @ or over race pace.

I'm interested in others opinions as to whether it is good to push yourself this hard in training? I must admit I love pushing myself mentally on these days, but I hate feeling like a sack of s*%t afterwards, and find it hard to recover the next day.

Comments/crticisms?
Quote Reply
Re: Big training then throwing up! [benno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd examine your nutrition-hydration-electrolyte plan. The gut can shut-down for a vareity of reasons, too many cho's, not enough lytes, dehydration, combined with a harder effort make it quite the challenge.

Since you asked I'd save race efforts for race day. As an alternative, on your bricks go at race pace on the bike one week, race pace on the run the following week. You still get to go hard and eat lunch afterward!
Quote Reply