Login required to post replies

CSC mystery bike?
Quote | Reply
What bike is this Tyler's riding? Check out the seat post too. -Keith

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ne/?id=stage1/CH2461
Quote Reply
Re: CSC mystery bike? [Keith Pillers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His new carbon Cervelo R2.5 w/o the logos on yet. The bottom tube says something like "Design by Vroomen..." aka Gerard.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: CSC mystery bike? [Keith Pillers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, this subject came up on the Velonews forum, with several people questioning whether it was really a Cervelo or not, and here is Gerard's response:

"Wow, lack of knowledge certainly doesn't stop anybody from posting, does it?

Tyler's frame is a Cervelo R2.5 prototype, Tyler and Carlos Sastre have been testing them for a few weeks prior to actual production start. The decals weren't ready yet when we made these and we didn't anticipate they would ride it in a race, so it mattered little. I guess we were wrong.

And just in case anybody is interested, there is absolutely no connection with Time, Parlee, Pegoretti or anybody else. The R2.5 was developed by us (both Phil and myself had our formal training in composite materials), it is the first sub-1000g carbon frame to be certified by the EFBe fatigue test lab, and once we have filled the orders from CSC for it we will make it available to the general public. Production will be limited however for the first few months. As Andy Coggan indicated, the tube shapes are quite different from anybody else on the market (tough to see in the photos) with the flaring downtube and Wolf shaped seatstays, and that's because although the frame is so light, it actually outranks our baseline competitor for stiffness (despite the fact that this competing frame is almost 40% heavier).

Speaking of which, one may have seen Tafi ride that frame for a few k in Paris-Roubaix, we had a frame that we used for head-to-head comparisons (also with the SuperProdigy). Tafi had four bikes for PR, three of which were Cervelos, but he flatted so often and always in bad spots that for a small stretch of the race he was on the bike he wasn't supposed to be on. It's tough at PR to get the team car to the riders, so there are support crews standing by the side of the road on the cobble sections with wheels and spare bikes. The more bikes the merrier, I thought it was a bit overkill before the race but afterwards I thought we should have had even more spare bikes for him.

As for the Soloists, they are made by us but they are not customs. To be honest, we have trouble keeping up with market demand as it is, so doing custom frames is not an option. And Riis never asked for customs when we agreed on this partnership.

re. the fork, the R2.5 is our first frame with a 1 1/8" steerer and we have not yet made a fork for it, so you'll be seeing some other forks on it. Same goes for some of the team's other frames, since the production on our Wolf fork is not sufficient to keep up with current demand."

http://www.velonews.com/...mp;i=7640&t=7640
Quote Reply
Re: CSC mystery bike? [Dave in WI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard kind of put an end to all the fun those guy's were having guessing as to what bike it was. Hell if they would have kept up with it they would have probably made it out to be a cervelocalfeelooktimepigtrekcoglna designed by the Ronald McDonald made in lunchbox london and assembled in moparts mexico.
Quote Reply