Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

half IM tapering.
Quote | Reply
I have done three marathons and my best performance was after a three week taper. Is tapering for a half IM similar to that of a marathon taper? And how many weeks out before race day should my last brick be? thanks for the advice.
Quote Reply
Re: half IM tapering. [cmjenkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, everyone is different. I did a two week taper for my half, but I don't do it just like the books say. I work out less during the last two weeks, but ride and run faster. I even did a duathlon the weekend before my half. I don't think it hurts my performance at all. In fact, I think it makes me go faster. Something about working at a fast pace close to a race seems to help me. As long as I feel that I haven't beat my legs and cardiovascular system up by going real long distances, and as long as my taper leaves me feeling sluggish and a little down...mentally and physically, I know I'm ready. Other people feel more ready as they get agitated and feel raring to go during their rest...but, rest always makes me feel the opposite. If you find what works for you, stick with it.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply