Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Results on Slowtwitch
Quote | Reply
Anyone know why the Gulf Coast results posted by Slowtwitch only show the top 10 pros rather than the real top 10? Only 4 of the pros were actually in the top 10. The others came from AG or amateur divisions. While the amateurs that did well got some credit, some AG boys did not. Marty Gaal was 9th overall, 1st in his AG, and is not even mentioned. Also not mentioned was the fact that Marty's swim and Bruce Gennari's swim beat Spencer's. This is not a stab, just curious. I'd rather see the real results rather than pro results presented in a manner that appears like the overall results, especially when there were some smoking performances in the other categories.

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Race Results on Slowtwitch [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very stupid question...but - the difference between an amateur and an AG'er is???

Sorry for again bring the quality of posts down here at Slowtwitch!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Results on Slowtwitch [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike, You simply should have gone to UF instead, then you'd know the answer to all of your Qs!

So as not to make you feel that your years at FSU were entirely wasted, I, a Gator, will admit to also not knowing the difference. I've never seen results broken down this way, and don't believe they did it this way at CGT 2002.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Results on Slowtwitch [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leave it to an Alabama boy to answer your questions (no stabs about Price and sex please). No difference between amateur and age group except that if they give an award for overall amateur finisher, it encompass' all of the age group finishers. At some races they have an Elite Amateur division and competitors that choose to race this division are usually not eligilble for age group awards and if it is a USAT sanctioned event, not eligible for age group ranking points either.

For GCT, they have seperate wave starts for the age groups and Pro's. The Pro's are usually competing more amongst themselves, against each other, not so much for overall time to beat a competitor that they can't see. This opens up so many different arguements, none of which I care to go into right now, but for instance:

Pro's that can't beat all the age groupers, should they be allowed to race Pro?

Age groupers that beat Pro's, should they turn Pro?

Arguement for mass starts, or at least a mass start for anyone capable of going for the overall win?

Spencer raced from the front, start to finish and won by 10 minutes or so. I would be willing to bet had anyone been side by side with him, he probably would have gone harder.

The thing that I thought was pretty amazing about GCT was Jeff Cuddeback's performance, awesome!

BTW, Bruce Gennari is also a former U of Alabama swimmer, Roll Tide!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Race Results on Slowtwitch [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being an Orlando boy, I concur. Cuddeback and Marty Gaal are fun to watch.

As for Bama, I think picking Shula was a great move. He's a good man, has the backing of the boosters and Bama fans, great pedigree and many years to grow with Bama. I was kinda hoping UF would dump our brilliant pick, Zook, and go with new, fresh, young talent. I'm afraid to say that Bama will be back on top.

Now as for FSU . . .
Quote Reply