Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by codec
Last edited by: codec: Nov 7, 09 7:43
Re: Profile parts - CarbonX1.5, Cobra base bar, QS2 carbon brake levers [codec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: Profile parts - CarbonX1.5, Cobra base bar, QS2 carbon brake levers [codec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CarbonX1.5 have been sold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who picked these up?
send me a message i have some questions about how the bars were cut - was looking to do the same to mine.

Quote | Reply
you achieved to put the brake levers in the cut carbon x1.5 ???
Quote Reply
Re: Profile parts - CarbonX1.5, Cobra base bar, QS2 carbon brake levers [kimaswan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is what i want to verify...

Quote | Reply
I did it to mine but I had to sand them (the base bar and also the QS2 brake levers) I spent about 3 hours while watching tv!) and it fits but while I was screwing down the levers in the base bar, it cracked (you may have seen that there is a hole in the carbon just near the bent and I cut too near from that hole). Anyway, the carbon is still very solid and I raced many times like that. But it's not as a clean work as I wanted.
I wanted to know whether the seller also sanded it or if he just figured out it wouldn't work and never tried.
Last edited by: kimaswan: Nov 7, 09 5:47
Quote Reply
Re: Profile parts - CarbonX1.5, Cobra base bar, QS2 carbon brake levers [kimaswan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was worried about the cable routing hole too......

hmmmmm mmmm

Quote | Reply
Thanks for the bump guys as the Cobra base bar (with upturns cut off) and QS2 carbon levers are still available.

As for your question, I used a file to smooth out the exterior and open up the interior of the brake lever interface (I used both QS2 and other levers). Then, I drilled new holes for the brake cable routing. The set-up on both Carbon-X and Cobra base bars were solid and I never had a problem with them. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you post of picture for me of where the cut is on the bar with relation to the cable hole? I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

Quote | Reply
Come on now.. help a brother out.