Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Airline Bike Fee Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hawaiian Airlines is always changing. I live on Oahu and every time I fly to Kona something changes. When flying out of Oahu it is always the same price. No problems, check in at the Kiosk walk it to the baggage check in and it is done with. Leaving Kona is another story. Every time I have flown out of there with Hawaiian Airlines there is a different price. Once they charged me $70 for my bike and then they weighed the bike case and added $70 for it being over weight. I discussed with them that I am paying more for an oversized item and that it is not supposed to matter what the weight is. They didn't agree. Similar story most times flying out of there. I guess it depends who it is that is woking.

After the ironman one year they had a scale out by the curb to weigh bikes and they told me I would have to pay more. I argued with that guy that it is the same weight when I flew out of Oahu and they didn't charge me anymore. He did not care or agree with me. Good news was that when I went to check in the ticket agent saw that I was from Oahu and did not charge me anything for my luggage or my bike. Good for me, but I think it is unfortunate for people flying out with them that are from the continental United States or from another country. I wish there was another airline worth flying inter island in Hawaii.
Quote Reply

Prev Next