Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what does this mean: chronically high blood sugar?
Quote | Reply
My doc gave me a glucose meter 2 weeks ago to see if my blood sugar was going too low. I have been having night sweats and she thought maybe it was linked to a drop in blood sugar. Oddly, every time I measure, it's above 100 - whether it's the middle of the night or first thing in the AM or middle of the day. Friday AM I ran an hour before eating breakfast - blood sugar was 126 when I finished. 1:45am last week my blood sugar was 164. etc etc. After eating, it only spikes to around 170-180 usually.

I did a glucose tolerance test last week and it was normal, so I am not considered diabetic. But, I have noticed that when my blood sugar is high I exhibit a lot of diabetic symptoms: lethargic, headaches, confusion, etc.

Is this indicative of anything else? My doctor lost interest when I didn't show up positive for diabetes. But, it still seems pretty abnormal.
Quote Reply
Re: what does this mean: chronically high blood sugar? [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're dying faster then you were.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: what does this mean: chronically high blood sugar? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're dying faster than me.

My bone density was great though!
Quote Reply
Re: what does this mean: chronically high blood sugar? [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I'm confident that you are dying faster then I am.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop eating cupcakes?

:-)

Sorry. I'm no help other than to tell you to track your symptoms and when you have a strong pattern emerge go back to your Dr. and be very instant he/she follows up on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently? Just a thought after reading your post. Also, have them do a panel on your hormone levels ie; cortisol levels and the like.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: what does this mean: chronically high blood sugar? [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt your symptoms are blood sugar related if it is only 180. However you should keep track of your blood sugar levels, you may be prone to diabetes sometime in the future. Agreed with previous response, check cortisol levels, if these are high, they really mess up blood sugar.
Quote Reply