Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trying CX - what to expect? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CLM and Katy, seems like you guys in California have a lot more events and popularity than there is in my area. Based on the pix and reading the calendar. The race I did was much less populated. If I lived in an area where events were a bit easier to come by, I might bite too.

Hope the guys from your race are OK and hope you did as expected.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying CX - what to expect? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we are very blessed here to have so many races (5 series by 5 different race directors, plus, a number of one-off races). And, mulitple categories for the women. Yesterday there was the A/elites, B, C, +35A and +45A.

Here's a picture from yesterday.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trying CX - what to expect? [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katy...I'm so green at this! It makes total sense that different race series would run their races individually.

WeRide...it's fun, isn't it? I do have a 'cross bike that my husband built up for me. For my first race I used my son's old bike...a bit too big, but I didn't want to get my own bike if I hated it. Now I ride a Redline that is just the right size and I'm able to handle it much better. It's a little smaller (44) than my road and tri bikes (48), but going smaller for 'cross seems to work well for me.

Now if I could only do that flying mount thing.

Watching your kids race is fun, but it's hard at times. Last year my middle son raced the whole series and to see the race-pain look on his face was tough!! I knew what he was feeling...part of me wanted to yell, "Suck it up!!" and the other part of me wanted to take the pain away. And this for a kid who finished dead last in every race! However, since he raced most of the series he accumulated enough points to finish second overall and scored a backpack full of beef jerkey, a cowbell, and a few other things. He was happy!
Quote Reply
Re: Trying CX - what to expect? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also from yesterday....

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Trying CX - what to expect? [cid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pics everyone.

Cid, very interesting post. What a powerful lesson in life your son's CX series turned out to be. It's not always the flashy first place finishes that gets one to the podium in the long run , is it?

And for you too...I'm sure you had to "HTFU" some of those days and feel his pain. I experienced that during some recent swim meets, we had this unfortunate period where my son would dive off the blocks and come up in the next lane over. ==:-O Yes, it was hard to watch, and even harder to help him banish the demon. But in the end he got his "A" qualifying time and made it to the championship meet, that was all he ever wanted. I'm glad to hear that your son persevered and wound up being rewarded for his efforts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next