Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good floor pump?
Quote | Reply
I have had terrible luck with floor pumps. Looking for one capable of inflation to 140+ psi, will stay attached to the valve when pumping, and will not die on me in a year. Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Good floor pump? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend the Silca pump for presta valves. The parts are replaceable, it pumps to a high PSI, and best of all it accepts a Silca adapter to inflate disc wheels and HED3's. My Silca is three years old and all I do is replace the rubber washer at the end of the hose every season. The Silca parts are generally easy to find.

John Thomason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do yourself a favor, go with the one and only...the Silca Pista (Track) pump or its big brother the Super Pista. Completely bulletproof, completely rebuildable. Inflates well beyond any safe PSI, and has an accurate, replaceable guage. The gaskets are cheap and found at most any bike shop that knows what its talking about. The main tube is nearly indestructable cro-mo. My Pista is going on 16 years of faithful service and I've only had to replace the internal leather gasket once and maybe replace the rubber valve gasket once every 1-2 years with near daily use. A novice might think the valve head is harder to use than some of the new fangled whizmos out there, but those in the know trust this design. Forget about the lightweight, double-pump, bi-valve head, plastic and aluminum gimmick pumps. You'll have to buy a new one as often as I replace valve gaskets. There is a reason most bike shops swear by the Silca Pista.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Silca Track pump. Used them for years, and only had to replace one because it was stolen. Since I use the Tri-spokes in races, I carry an adapter I made from a section of hose from another pump (which gave up the ghost), a Silca 90-degree head, the presta valve from an old tube, and two mini pipe clamps. The whole thing is maybe 6 inches long (atually longer than it needs to be), cost maybe $10 (mostly the 90-degree head) and I can use any frame pump (or floor pump for that matter)out there to inflate the Tri-spokes. But my Silca Track has been carried to the track and many, many road races for years with no problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the others have said a Silca pump. I have the track pump as well. It is over 12 years old and has given exceptional service. Borrow one, and you will se why. Better yet borrow an old one. Then you will realy understand. I think these pumps are built to last - not for marketing/to sell.
Quote Reply
I am impressed [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that is the first time I have seen so many Silca supporters. I got mine in 1969 and it looks like crap. I have replaced just about everything that moves and have no idea how many thousand tires I have blown up over the years and how many road trips it has been on.. Without a doubt it is the best tool I own. The Campy PB wrench is close cause it looks so cool. Aloha G
Quote Reply
Re: I am impressed [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zefal

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Silca [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My silca is 10 years old. I've replaced the leather seal and new chuck about 4 years ago and it still works great.
Quote Reply