Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When to wear a wetsuit
Quote | Reply
Do you guys wear a wetsuit in every wetsuit legal race or only for your A races. I was thinking about not wearing it for a local half and olympic leading up to lake placid but wanted some additional input.
Quote Reply
Re: When to wear a wetsuit [mhemberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anytime it is allowed. At least 10% free speed

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore the desoto speedtube down in memphis. Best idea ever. I pr'ed on the swim. my shoulders didn't get wore out cause i could more them. and it took even less time in transition to take off them a normal wetsuit.

As long as the race isn't so cold that i need a full one its all i'm wearing from now on.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when its legal.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: When to wear a wetsuit [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone compare a full suit time vs a speedtube time?

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time I can. When the water is close to not being wetsuit legal, I'll wear a sleeveless. I lose a couple seconds in the water, but it comes off easier in transition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: When to wear a wetsuit [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno i did collegiate nationals which i thought was short in 23:48, and did memphis in may in 23:23 with a lot less effort. Actually i was kinda mad after the swim because i could have swam harder my shoulders never got tired.

Grant

Grant
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neoprene, aka triathlete crack, is much like nuclear arms proliferation. If your neighbor's got it then you must have it also. Just for fun tackle a sprint tri without the rubber. In these short swims the rubber giveth but it also taketh away. How long does it take to get out of the damn thing compared to the time saved?

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every chance I get. For me it is free speed. Might slow the transition time down some but I'd rather swim fast and transition slower than vice versa.

One of my pet peeves, someone brings a 500 dollar wetsuit to a race and doesn't wear it.

I spent good hard earned money on my wetsuit, I'm wearing the freaking thing every chance I get.
Quote Reply
Re: When to wear a wetsuit [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It takes me 5 seconds to get it off in transition. If that. However i am starting to see a decreasing benefit compared to last year because my swimming is so much better. Hence the speedtube and not a full suit. All the full suit is doing now is limiting my arm rotation.

Grant

Grant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the many things I like about my 2 piece T1, no arm rotation limits.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: When to wear a wetsuit [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what i have also but there is still resistance compared to nothing, and its noticable for me. Its enough that i actually felt like i didn't swim hard enough in a race, when i was in memphis.

Grant

Grant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must be a good swimmer. Me, I just try to get from one end to the other.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear it in every race that I can. I bought the point03 suit but the weather isn't warm enough for that yet. Hopefully, for a couple of sprints in July I will be able to wear that one.

I train with the full suit when the water is chilly. When the water is warm enough I don't use it for training.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
http://jeannejeannie.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I normally train in a pool. I noticed that when I wear a wetsuit my shoulder tires more quickly. Is that normal? Do I have a poor fit? So right now I actually would prefer not to race where a wetsuit is necessary.
Quote Reply