Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brasil---Tomorrow is going to be a totally great day
Quote | Reply
Well, bike and bags are checked in, we've had dinner, bottles made for the morning and everything laid out. I was going to hit the bed and read and try to get to sleep early but CRAP! Sergio knocked on the door a iittle before 8PM to get the car keys. Max from Kona Bikes had called and he had a different Cervelo (a new P3C) for Sergio! So Sergio headed off to the TA to swap out bikes. He just got back and is set up on a brand new Cervelo P3C w/disk and Olaf's Xentis front wheel.

THANK YOU SO MUCH CID SR. AND INSIDE-OUT SPORTS!!!! AND MAX AND KONA BIKES BRASIL!!!! You guys totally rock.

Photos from today are at:

http://web.mac.com/ironclm/iWeb/Site/2007%202.html

Wind is blowing big time tonight (flags straight out). Hope it dies down over night.

Sergio, Andrea and I swam this morning at 7:45 and the wind was already blowing then and there were white caps and waves coming in. That didn't make me very happy, but I got in and swam for 15:00 (not that far since there was a lot of stopping and stressing about the surf). After the swim, I went and ran 15:00. Felt good on the run. After the swim and run, it was a shower and breakfast, then about an hour later, Sergio and I rode down to the expo to make a little adjustment to the loaner bike then we headed out on the first out/back. I rode about 35 minutes and again, felt really good. That was all the training for the day for me.

Sergio still had a run to do, so after packing our bags, Peter and I headed off in the car and went two beaches over to Ingeles and had lunch, sitting on the beach. After lunch, we drove over to the next beach, Praia Santinho, where the waves were a lot larger. It was then time to drive back and put our feet up. At 5PM, the four of us (Andrea too) all rode our bikes down to the TA and got the bikes and bags checked in. Sergio got an on camera interview and then we made a last minute stop at the Power Bar booth, then it was a long walk along the beach in the moonlight to the hotel. Well, we did stop and have dinner, then to the hotel.

Thanks everyone for all the messages and good words. Last Monday night after dinner here, I walked down to the beach and wrote a time in the sand. I'll find out tomorrow night if I was close.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Brasil---Tomorrow is going to be a totally great day [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with your race tomorrow. And good luck to Sergio also.

Pasadena Tri Club
Quote Reply
Re: Brasil---Tomorrow is going to be a totally great day [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck! We'll be doing the 'No Waves Dance' here for you all! Have an awesome event!!! : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay!

Way to go Cervelo!

Good luck Cathy and Sergio. We'll all be rooting for you from our computers. Have fun out there. Kick some butt!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Brasil---Tomorrow is going to be a totally great day [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
POWERBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy, enjoy the day which it seems you often do. Stay calm in the swim, you'll do great. Thank you for you posts and inspiration.

Rest well! Or by the time you read this post, have a great celebration...... or rest well!

Zane[reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy, have a kick ass day! Take what the day gives you. Looking forward to hearing about great run later from you.

Have fun today!

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy

I hope you have a great day out there and race smart~~ enjoy it you have worked hard

Sonja :)
Quote Reply
Re: Brasil---Tomorrow is going to be a totally great day [sportmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck (even though you don't need it.... i would definetly need it!) :)

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy, I'd wish you luck but I saw your resolve in Xantusia (let's ride 4+ hours into 40mph headwinds) and am sure you don't need luck because YOU ARE PREPARED!!! Just execute your plan and you'll do GREAT!

Here's hoping that you, Monica, and all the other ST'ers have ideal weather. We'll be watching you on the web :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to the day.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love your idea of writing a time in the sand! Have a wonderful day, and I hope the sand-time comes true.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply