Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits?
Quote | Reply
Now, I really like my DA and this is a relatively minor issue - I'm struggling to find a cadence monitor that fits the tight tolerance of the 2007 Felt DA. This is one of the only downsides for having the brake hidden down near the bottom bracket.

I've tried the Cateye Double Wireless CC-CD3000W, but the deep rim of the 808s result in the cadence receiver being set further along the chainstay and therefore hitting the crank. Same goes for the Polar CS400 with its bulky receiver and angle of the base, it needs to sit too far the other end of the chainstay i.e. right next to the brake but still doesn't have the space to clear the crank arm. I now have the Cateye on the roadie and only use the speed monitor of the CS400 on the DA, a waste given it's capability and I prefer riding with cadence (even more than speed).

Before I throw more money down the drain, does anyone have knowledge of a cadence monitor that does fit/work on the DA? Would the Garmin Edge work by any chance? From what I can tell it's very similar looking to the cateye wireless receiver.

Any feedback appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits? [JK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
most power meters out there do not require you use a cadence sensor. PT has an optional cadence sensor, but it can just as accurately measure cadence from the increases and decreases of torque on the hub. Ergomo measures it directly at the BB. Not sure what SRM does, but I would imagine it measures directly at the crank.

if you've got a DA, you gotta get a power meter ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Edge might work. It's a little awkward on my P3C, but it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second the ergomo idea. Cadence measured in the BB, so no sensor required.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the Cateye Double Wireless CC-CD3000W on the same frame with a Blackwell 100 rear wheel. I can send you a pic later.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits? [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRM measures cadence with the power sensor mounted on the frame- there are more options since it can be located on the front of the chain ring on the down tube is required away from the brake.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits? [Hein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've got the Cateye Double Wireless CC-CD3000W on the same frame with a Blackwell 100 rear wheel. I can send you a pic later.
Yes pls. That would be interesting to see, as there's be less room between the crank and chainstay the further you move along the chainstay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an Edge 305 mounted on mine, no clearance problems.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've got an Edge 305 mounted on mine, no clearance problems.

-SD

Thanks Dave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA - Any Cadence Monitor That Fits? [Hein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hein,

That's great. Appreciate the pics.

Regards
Quote Reply