Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Las Vegas Half Iron - ????
Quote | Reply
Anyone done the Las Vegas half that can give me a run down of it?
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas Half Iron - ???? [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are actually 2 half iron races here this fall...

1) www.mountainmanevents.com/ on Sept 30th.
2) www.silvermannv.com on Nov 11th.

Differences that i see...
1) Both swim venues are really close to each other (about 1 mile apart) so no real difference there, other than the fact that the paved road leaving the silverman swim location is in much better shape than the mountainman swim location.
2) Transition areas. Silverman T1 and T2 locations are 15 miles apart from each other so you have to consider logistics. Mountainman T1 and T2 are about 1 mile apart.
3) Bikes venue. Not all that much different. Both have a good mix of hills...not a lot of flat.
4) Run venue. Silverman is through a residential area, i have been out there for the full the last two years and fan support was really good. Mountainman is a trail run with little to no fan support.
5) Mountainman is only 2 weeks earlier, but much more chance of warmer weather...i know 2 weeks does not sound like much, but if you are not from the desert 2 weeks is about our transition time from summer to winter.
6) If you are big on race goodie bags...i hear the silverman bags are awesome.

FYI...i am planning on doing both this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas Half Iron - ???? [jamesinlv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Las Vegas Tri (Mountainman events) is two months earlier.

it is still in the upper 90s to low 100's for the Las Vegas Tri. Too freaking hot for an unsupported 1/2. Only water on the bike available is at the turn around.

Silverman -

You park at the end and they ferry you to the start.
It's cooler outside
More challenging course
More water stops - like four on the bike course and a buffet every mile on the run.
MUCH BETTER GOODIES!!!

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Las Vegas Half Iron - ???? [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh ya...my dates are way off not sure what i was thinking!! mountain man is 9/30 and silverman is 11/11.
Quote Reply