Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Help
Quote | Reply
I recently bought my wife a set of used 404 clinchers (she refuses to deal with tubulars) and the tires are really hard to get off. I am being told that the wheels are actually wider than they are suppossed to be and hence the tires are really tight. I can get them off, but my wife cannot, and she would not be able to change a flat if she needed to. Are there any clincher tires which would flex a bit more and be easier to get on and off? Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Help [jfuentes05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some tires are harder/easier than others. It also depends on the rim.
Conti I find quite hard, but Vittoria seem to go on no problem. and Vittoria are harder to get on my Hed wheel than Panaracer.

However, I have no experience with Zipp clincher wheels.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Help [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wheels are zipps, not the tires
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is tires that goes on very easy... i remember using Kenda and been able to put them on without using tire levers..... i know michelin also have some easy one to put on..... you just need to find the right one

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's what I said.

"However, I have no experience with Zipp clincher wheels. "

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply