Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tulsa Tough
Quote | Reply
I am considering the Tulsa Tough on June 2 & 3 in Tulsa, OK. It is 2 days of Century rides with an added incentive. If you ride both days in under 5 hours each, you earn a Tulsa Tough Jersey. For those of you familiar with Tulsa, can you give me an idea of what kind of terrain to expect. I'm confident I can get it done the first day, but if it's very hilly, day 2 may be another story.

Any Tulsa are Slowtwitchers with some insight?

Thanks,
Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: Tulsa Tough [dennisr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never done the ride in question, but I have biked in and around Tulsa. It is not flat, as most people tend to think Oklahoma is. I would have to say that it would be a pretty good challenge.

~Jeff Good

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say it's all gonna depend on the routing. If you go south towards Bixby along the river, it'll be flat. Other directions will all be hillier and there are some huge killer rollers west of town. That's how I recall it. I was last there about 20 years ago.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.tulsatough.com/rides.php

See the route map links at the bottom of the page. Looks like Saturday's ride heads west and north (Skiatook, Avant, toward Bartlesville), and Sunday's route heads south, west, then north (Sapulpa, Kellyville, Sand Springs).

Both days include lots of fun hills to climb. (If you're interested in drafting, sub-5 is do-able; if you don't draft, you will really earn that jersey!)
Quote Reply
Re: Tulsa Tough [ironmom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the route link, I should have done that.

I have no intention of trying it alone. I will be sharing pulls with a couple friends, and can probably pick up a few more riders along the way. Even then, I'm not sure if I have it in me. I guess there is only one way to find out.

Thanks again,
Dennis
Quote Reply