Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should I carry a tube.
Quote | Reply
I have a race in the morning and was still unsure if I should carry a tube with me? I flatted out on my last race. Its an olyimpic distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Should I carry a tube. [Timbo293] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I carry a tube and levers tied up in the saddle rails. I seriously doubt it's causing more than a few grams of drag. And the peace of mind is worth it. Not that I'd still consider myself "in the game" if I flatted in an Oly, but at least I wouldn't have to walk it back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would, i flated in an oly, right at the turn around. still managed to be only 2 mins slower than my personal best oly ride.

Re: Should I carry a tube. [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I just taped my mini-bag with supplies to my beam. It may add 1 or 2 sec. to my bike split. I've never flatted in a race nor have I ever prepared for such previously. But I'd rather finish the race than not. And a little practice changing a flat under pressure may prove valuable one day, such as in an IM when it wouldn't take you out of the game.

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, always do .. never flatted out in a race (knock, knock, knock on wood) ... logic dictates that I still have to get back to the T2/Finish Line ... would rather ride my bike than carry it, if I am unable to fix the flat on the wheel ... but, that's just me ..
Quote Reply
Re: Should I carry a tube. [HCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never carried a spare before (over 1,000 miles on my newest bikes, one flat) and it came back to haunt me at St. Anthony's last month. I flatted out just short of the turnaround and had to hitch a ride back to transition from some guys in a pickup. Not having a spare tube cost me a finish in a hometown race and just pissed me off. Never again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always carry a spare in my Dus (usually tubular). I don't race with a spare in bike races, but then again, most races have neutral support with wheels right behind the peloton.

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply