Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet 60/90 vs Zipp 606
Quote | Reply
I was wondering what the performance difference might be between these two wheel sets? Does any aero testing get better results on either set? Does either set have a much better hub/bearing component? The weight is within a few grams of each other so I was trying to figure out how much more I would get out of the Zipps because there over $700 dollars more. Any help would be appreciated before I make a purchase. Thanks, Norm.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 60/90 vs Zipp 606 [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be really surprised if you got anything more out of the Zipps at all. I wonder if you'd actually get less given that the Jet 60/90 set is deeper on both wheels than the Zipp 606 set?

I'm sure someone will argue something about dimples and minute changes to the rim shape over the years with the Zipps. I can't see there being a significant difference between either set, but that's my non-scientific response. :)

For $700 more, you get Zipp stickers. :P
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 60/90 vs Zipp 606 [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd run the 90 up front and the 60 in the rear if I had the choice. I've ridden go fast wheels from at least 3 different manufactors. A go fast wheel is a go fast wheel for the most part. Slap the HEDs on my bike or the Zipps, at the end of the day you may be 1 wheel length further up the road with one set over the other.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply