Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High blood pressure???
Quote | Reply
so a nurse was in our office today giving free blood pressure tests. turns out i have the highest blood pressure of anyone tested...result was 172/76. i'm a 27 y/o male. she gave me a doctors referral(!). she mentioned if i'd just exercised or drank coffee it would likely skew my result slightly. i ran for 90 mins this morning, roughly 3 hours before the test, and i usually knock back a couple long blacks in the morning, the last of which about 30 mins before the test. what on earth do i take out of this? am i really unhealthy?

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: High blood pressure??? [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't judge if you have high BP from one reading. Track it over time and see what you come up with before freaking out.
Quote Reply
Re: High blood pressure??? [seb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a reading at home taken from September last year...iirc the tester's reaction at the time indicated it was high(ish) too...i can't remember the exact measure but i'll have a look tonight, thanks

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: High blood pressure??? [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto the previous response...your reading seems odd for a couple reasons, with the upper number waaaaay higher than the lower number (which IIRC is the most important of the two numbers). But if you're really concerned, and/or you might have some genetic predisposition to high blood pressure, by all means have it tracked over a period of time with a decent home kit.
Quote Reply