Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [jefeloco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear it was hailing trampolines out there!

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't want to get hit by one of those. But I'd love to have one land in my backyard! Trampolines are soooo fun :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most large newer buildings have lighting protection systems which protect the building and occupants in the event of a lighting strike. If the building has little "lighting rods" on the roof then the current from a lighting strike will be carried through the building structure and disipated into the earth. If this is the case, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you're in an older building without such a system, then anything could happen. Call it lighting roulette ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call it lighting roulette ;-)

LOL. I like the 'lightning rod' idea too, hee hee.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if I was swimming indoors during a storm, and lightning stuck the building, then traveled down the walls, along the pipes and into the water, then intermingled with the chlorine, sweat, urine, clumps of floating hair, bandaids and me, an odd elctro-chemical-biological reaction would occur and then I could go super-fast like "the Flash" -only you know ...in water.

Unfortunately it all seems very unlikely.

I need a super-power swim ability. Hell, I'd even accept normal swim ability. Though X-ray eyes would be cool if there were hot chicks swimming. Not fat ones though.
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the brand new $10 million facility near my home is just that...lightning protected. Had a huge thunderstorm roll through a few weeks ago and thought they were cancelling the kiddos practice. Nope

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: What did we learn about lightning and indoor pools? [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Years ago I was swimming outdoors when lightning hit one of the tall light standards next to the pool. It was scary loud. Our coach grudgingly made us get out. The local Y has a 30 minutes delay after the last thunder for their indoor pool. I think it is a new rule. Smells like lawyers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next