Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

syntace sls
Quote | Reply
I think im going back to old school bars. On my first tri bike 5 years ago I had syntace bars and since then I have gone from vision regular bends to s bends last year. I did my only ironman on the syntace bars and now training for my 2nd ironman I think I'm going back. I might not be as aero but I sure was comfortable in those.

Is anyone using the syntace sls?

spider
Quote Reply
Re: syntace sls [Spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have a set of the XXS bars

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been on Syntace all along (OK, except for the old Scotts but that was way back). They (both the standard SLs and the SLS) work for me just fine and I refuse to join the arms race more than once a decade ;-)

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the syntace C2 for many years on my old bike. I bought a new one last year that came with vison tech and I just could not get comfy. I switched back to the Syntace SLS, and love them. They are a little high in the armrest, but I don't get super low anyway so it works for me. If you are worried about weight they are just about the lightest out there.
Quote Reply
Re: syntace sls [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the ones that have internal cable routing? If so were do the cables come out at. From the pictures I only see the holes on the bend.

Thanks
spider
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see; the base bar is internal routing but the aero bars are external. I have the Syntace brake levers so the routing is perfect on the base bars. I have the Dura Ace 9 bar end shifters on the aero extensions so the cable runs along the outside of the bar underneath the tape.

Is that what you mean?

Quote Reply
Re: syntace sls [campyrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do your SLS have internal cable routing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know what? I just checked the Syntace site and was reminded of the holes down the underside of the extensions. Those holes, coupled with the hole at the back are where you would run your internal cables!

Holy moly! I just thought they were weight saving cutouts a la the old Heuret Jubilee. What a silly bunt!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah i saw those holes but since the website didnt offer any other pictures I didnt know where the cables would exit from.

Can the bars be easily cut, say minus a hole?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cables come out in a straight shot under the armrests. Just like the Zipp Vukka!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I use a tubing cutter and tape to mark the line and protect the rest of the bar. Cleaner than a hacksaw in my opinion. Try to cut where you leave some metal ahead of the closest hole just for structural strength.

I don't think I'm going to bother re-routing the cables; I'm not super low anyway and I'm on an old school round tubed Merlin Triathlon with spoked wheels. A couple of micrograms of cable drag aren't going to make or break my ride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replys.

Im not super low either but if I can get a clean setup thats a plus. Sounds like this is the bar for me thanks.
Quote Reply