Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Poster - Need info./advice on Softride Lite Frame/Bike
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm a cycling enthusiast that likes to ride for fitness and is getting back into the sport after several years of life issues and a lengthy divorce...

Anyhoo, I found a Softride Lite frameset (Extra Small Size, I'm 5'2") for sale at a very attractive price and am curious if this frame set along with 650c wheels offers advantages to me, over my trusty old and comfortable Trek 660 frameset which I rebuilt back in 2000 with all new Campy components, 700c wheels, etc....

I am not a triathelete or time trialist but am interested in comfort and increasing my ride distances as I get my legs and lungs back...so I'm considering this frameset and the changeover to 650c wheels...

Any feedback, opinions, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: New Poster - Need info./advice on Softride Lite Frame/Bike [Trojan1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

I'm a cycling enthusiast that likes to ride for fitness and is getting back into the sport after several years of life issues and a lengthy divorce...

Anyhoo, I found a Softride Lite frameset (Extra Small Size, I'm 5'2") for sale at a very attractive price and am curious if this frame set along with 650c wheels offers advantages to me, over my trusty old and comfortable Trek 660 frameset which I rebuilt back in 2000 with all new Campy components, 700c wheels, etc....

I am not a triathelete or time trialist but am interested in comfort and increasing my ride distances as I get my legs and lungs back...so I'm considering this frameset and the changeover to 650c wheels...

Any feedback, opinions, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

A 7 year old bike which is trusty and comfotable is... trusty and comfortable. Trust and comfort sound like what you need as you ramp up your mileage again, so why switch?

That said, I love my Softride TT (650c wheels). Best bike purchase I've ever made, bar none.

The problem with Softride (and the reason there are so many good deals on them lately) is Softride itself, which appears to be a bicycle company in name only. In practice, they are no longer manufacturing bikes, so support/repair options will dwindle over time until (I'm guessing) they simply disappear. I keep hearing rumours that Softride is trying to find a buyer for the bicycle business, but I'm not counting on it. I'm considering picking up a spare frame from Ebay if I see one at the right price.

-

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Poster - Need info./advice on Softride Lite Frame/Bike [Trojan1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
someone got it on the buy it now.

i was looking at that one too

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: New Poster - Need info./advice on Softride Lite Frame/Bike [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it's too late to help, but I 100% agree w/ Mark. Softride is the best bike I've ever owned, and I've heard the same about the company. It would be nice if someone would buy them and start production again (as long as they keep the quality high, and not try to cut cost and make a crappy product).
Quote Reply