Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rabbit
Quote | Reply
Is it legal to have a pacer during the run portion of a triathlon? I think some of that went on at GCT.
Quote Reply
Re: rabbit [fastswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not unless they're a participant. "No outside assistance" includes pacing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well... no. But how are you going to prove it if the rabbit was a race entrant who got to T2 at the same time as or before the "paced" runner? I added bold and underline below. the rule is clear, but enforcement is impossible. How do you clearly say one person was rabbitting vs the other person was just running that pace? You can't, so you just move on... If the rabbit was not an entrant, that's easy.

3.4 Race Conduct. All participants in USA Triathlon sanctioned events must adhere to the rules in this Section 3.4:

a. Entire Course. Participants must cover the prescribed course in its entirety. It is the participant’s

responsibility to know the course. Any violation of this section, even if no advantage is gained, shall result in a

variable time penalty, unless the Head Referee in his sole discretion determines that (i) the violation was

substantial and resulted in an unfair time advantage, or (ii) the violation constituted endangerment under Section

3.4(l). In the event the Head Referee makes such a determination, the penalty shall be disqualification.

d. Unauthorized Assistance. No participant shall accept from any person (other than a race official) physical

assistance in any form, including food, drink, equipment, support, pacing, a replacement bicycle or bicycle

parts, unless an express exception has been granted and approved, in writing, by USA Triathlon. The receipt of

information regarding the progress, split times, or location of other competitors on the race course shall not be

considered the acceptance of unauthorized assistance. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable

time penalty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When there is no number on the Pacer it's pretty easy.
Quote Reply