Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

In Nashville This Week- Any Group Runs?
Quote | Reply
Hey there, I'm a Torontonian, heading to Nashville for a conference this week. Staying @ the Opryland resort, and wondering if there are any group runs in the area that I could join up with. Also looking for a pool in which to train, any folks in Nashville that could provide some guidance?

THANKS!
Ian
dashtoronto@gmail.com

2008- Ironman USA Lake Placid
Quote Reply
Re: In Nashville This Week- Any Group Runs? [dashto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm... There must be somebody from Tennessee on here? HELP!!!! :)

I'm a friendly Canadian, and all I want to know is where good training grounds might be...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't really help you with group runs. there are decent trails to run on at percy warner park if you like that. will you have a car? opryland is kind of removed from the rest of nashville. sportsplex just off west end ave would be the best place to swim. website is www.nashville.gov/sportsplex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running club is www.nashvillestriders.com or .org. Triathlon club is www.gnac.org. There are not any organized runs through the tri club. The Striders probably have some. I will run with you on Sunday if you would like. I am not familiar with the roads around the hotel, but i have some awesome routes near me. I am about 1/2 hour from O'Land. Pm me if you want more info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not from Nashville but travel there from time to time myself! I'm not super familiar with the Opryland area but there is a new tri shop (up North) called Acme Multisports.....last time I was in there they told me about some group activities they had going on....you might give them a call!

If you are a Y member and have a car there is a Y down in Brentwood that has an outdoor 50m pool......might be cold but worth a call!

Hope that helps!

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Re: In Nashville This Week- Any Group Runs? [Tri-Wog StL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks... Turns out that Opryland has an excellent fitness facility. Beautiful land down here in Tennessee, natives are lucky folk.

I don't really like to run inside, but considering the conference schedule, it seems likely to be the best option. Unless anybody would like to go for a Thursday evening run, which I would love to join in for.

Quote Reply