Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mich Pro 2 vs. pro 2 light Crr?
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I noticed Jens had Pro 2 Light in his data on rolling resistance. How do these 2 tires compare?

Obviously the Light version is 30 grams lighter - and I'd assume a little less puncture resistant/wears quicker?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Mich Pro 2 vs. pro 2 light Crr? [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When it comes to tires/tubes I avoid anything from any manufacturer that says "light" or "lite". My experience has been they flat a lot easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Mich Pro 2 vs. pro 2 light Crr? [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of the "baby blues" (pro race 2 light) for every race I do. I also make sure to run latex tubes. The tires and tubes are put on right before the race and taken off right after. No training or especially use on the trainer or else the wear will amaze you. Why not race with the best? I race crits and road races where there is usually a wheel pit, so I don't need to take a spare tube, etc. If you are going to race a tri or any race where you will need to be self sufficient, make sure your spare tube is butyl. They are much easier to mount in a hurry without pinching. If you've ever felt a latex tube, you'd understand how fragile and easy to pinch they are. As far as Crr, the tables at biketechreview show that the light with a latex tube is marginally better. Hope this helps - Ernie
Quote Reply