Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Apology to you all
Quote | Reply
Psycholist has set me straight. To all of you that were offended by my post yesterday, asking about the roadie mindset, I offer my most sinsere apology. It was not my intention to offend and I will try not to repeat my mistake in the future.

Adrian

Did you even read what you wrote? You did way more than just "ask a question." If you hadn't caused offense, there wouldn't be five pages of responses on your thread, plus a new thread started just to counter yours.

It was insipid and if you had any class, you'd apologize for it -- not to me, but to the forum.

Sheesh.
Bob C.
Slowtwitch Roadie Mafia

Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [leggett24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did we really need another thread about all of this?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No but I don't want anyone to think I lack the class to apologize when he clearly feels I owe one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just post the text from a private message? That is not cool at all. While I don't have a dog in this fight, I would certainly expect a private message to remain private.
Last edited by: fiddlesandbikes: May 11, 07 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you just post the text from a private message? That is not cool at all. While I don't have a dog in this fight, I would certainly expect a private message to remain private.
I can see your point. Although I don't believe putting it in a PM makes it OK to throw around words like no class, insipid and stupid. He wanted an apology, he got one if quoting a PM is wrong I'm sorry for that to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unbelieveable.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL!!

Good solid friday thread!!

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Passive aggressive Friday?

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [etocaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]LOL!!

Good solid friday thread!![/reply]

Meh. To truly represent the week, this thread would have needed a stupid eBayer reference.
Quote Reply
Re: My Apology to you all [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the original post. You are right. It is offensive to roadies since it stereotypes all in a negative manner. The guy is a troll. Swimfan?

leggett24 said:

I don't really understand them. I'm flattered that they want to ride my wheel but why do they want to. I ride with a group from time to time when that's the workout I want. When I ride alone I want to ride alone.
As far as I can see there are roadies all over the place just waiting for someone to ride by so they can jump on. Are they trying to make every ride easier or do they just want to do intervals all the time? It's probably not the intervals because they don't usually share the work, and they're not looking for friends because they don't talk. Can anyone one explain what this is all about? What are they trying to get out of their rides, just miles?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, didn't you read kittycats' thread in the Lavender Room asking why men don't apologize?

Don't apologize, you're upsetting the apple cart.

And no, I didn't read the original thread.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead of apologizing you should change your original thread to 'the pussification of america;god forbid I post about something that has happened to most all of us'.
Quote Reply