Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch
Quote | Reply
Completely random but on topic here. I just got gmail because my school email is going to go away soon and Gmail actually keeps all emails from one source together.

So instead of having tons of reply emails in my mail box each thread has its own email and it just continues to update that one like a thread. This is so much better its not even funny.

Okay thats all :)

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant,

I'm in the same boat - school email about to run out, got a gmail account... and you're right. It's awesome. I've been wanting to tell people about it, but haven't really found anyone who's interested. Thanks for starting this thread.

-Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gmail is the best email system ever: I don't know why anyone would ever want to use anything else. No junk mail, no spam. Have you tried googling your emails? Its the best feature of all, especially when you want to find that one email

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just dumped yahoo for gmail myself. Amazing stuff.

Also, the igoogle homepage is much better than yahoo & offers a Mac-style widget add-on to your desktop that alerts you to new email while off-line, weather conditions, news headlines, etc. You can create new widgets & publish them for others to use as well. Very cool stuff.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think i only have 6 emails on there so no :) but for instance if it was set up on my iowa state email from today i would have already had 15 emails from slowtwitch replys. But instead just one with all of them in it. I love it.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the club. I've had it for about two years now. You can also IM with other Gmail users if they're online.

I'm surprised you're just learning about it by now, but I never worried about it either until I graduated from school two years ago.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use outlook for my emails. I love outlook because you can make folders and create rules. All ST messages get into the "Slowtwitch" folders. Other messages from certain people are directly forwarded to another person, that's another rule I have. I think Outlook makes life so easy in terms of organizing all the email's one receives. There are tons of people that have outlook but don't use it or don't use many of its features. I vote for outlook as you can use it with all types of email address providers (yahoo, gmail, etc.)

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outlook may work for you, but I am always annoyed how messages that are replies to other messages always show up as seperate emails. Pretty soon your inbox can have 20 emails in it, but they are in fact all one email coversation. Gmail groups all emails with the same subject into one big email, which is so much easier to organize and to read.

Also with outlook it is impossible sometimes to find a email. With gmail, I can google my emails and find every email, for instance, that has the word, "ironman." That's pretty sweet.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Gmail rocks for Slowtwitch [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do all that with gmail too. Instead of folders and rules you have labels and filters. And like the other gmail fans have said, it does a great job at threading emails (one of, if not the best feature) so you don't have a ton of single replies. I've had gmail for close to two years and now I cannot stand when I have to use Outlook (just for work).
Quote Reply