Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any Final Words? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG no!

In Reply To:
Have fun! remember to post a race report so we know how you did :)
Quote Reply
Re: Any Final Words? [Sea Bass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. I'm serious - write about it afterward, it's fun to have. Like pictures only better.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't drown during the swim, don't crash on the bike, don't die on the run. If you can accomplish this you win.

Also listen to classical music before the race if your going to listen to music. Don't carbo load at all, you won't be out there long enough to need it. Go left at the dismount line most people go right. Take a moment during the swim and realize you've started so you now you just have to finish.

hey, hey, hey, don't forget- Stan Yablonsky never cold cocked no woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
change all your tires, put on a new chain, but make sure you don't ride your bike before the race... you wan't them brand new.

Drink and eat as much as you can the day before... all those extra calories will come in useful.

Put yourself on the front row of the swim. Cuz if you start in the lead, you'll likely finish there.

Buy a new pair of shoes, and a new pair of socks for race day. Experiment with new brands you haven't tried before.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Final Words? [I am the walrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no.

to the OP...dont overthink it...just go nuts, its a race man!!!...empty the tank & have fun doing it.

GOOD LUCK!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give yourself credit for the training you have done. Don't focus on the workouts you haven't done.

Ultimately, we go to the line with what we've got and we do our best.

Quite simply put: Do what you do.

Best of luck My Friend, I bet you'll have a fine race!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any Final Words? [I am the walrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
I've got a crazy analogy here, but just go with me for a second.

Let's look at motorsports. Say, F1 racing. There's a whole team of people that design and build an F1 car, and then there's the guy who gets to drive it on race day.

As a triathlete, which of those two roles do you see yourself fulfilling?
.....[/reply]

The fat beer drinking guy in the crowd.
Ugh.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next