Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Auburn Race home lodging
Quote | Reply
Looks like I will be home Sat. So, if anyone needs a place to stay for the Auburn race, let me know.
Got plenty of floor space for folks.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Race home lodging [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave

Do you have any idea what water level and temp is looking like this year given our near drought?

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Race home lodging [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I did the ice breaker at folsom, the water was not that low, and the temp was okay.

At WF, the water was not that low, and was a nice temp.

So, the start is at rattlesnake, on folsom. I would expect nice water temps, been hot, and
decent water levels.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just started the amphibious car up. Have not taken it in the water for a year, but if anyone wants a ride, stop by Sat, we can take
a dip in the lake.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Race home lodging [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just out there two weeks ago, the water level is significantly lower than last year (hard to estimate but you know the second tree that was submerged last year? well it is completely out of the water by a few feet, so maybe ~14 feet?). It could change on race day but I would assume not. You will have a lot more boat ramp to run up (80ft?). I would assume that it is also warmer, not that it was that cold last year (I did it without a wetsuit).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,

So are you going to try Auburn? I'm still trying to decide whether to do it. I did an 80 mile with ~3700 last Sat & felt pretty bushed afterwards but finished no injury pain. I hoping to try to do a 6000ft climb today to see how I do. But I haven't done much since I have spend the last couple of days trying to get Sister Madonna back to Spokane after she got knocked off her bike at WF & broke her arm in 2 places. She had driven here & then took the train down to Oakland. But driving her back to Spokane the clutch broken in the middle of nowhere. So it became an adventure towing, small town repair, overnight stay.

Barb
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Race home lodging [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barb, I did the Auburn half last year for the first time. It was a great training day, as PNF would say. Meaning, I do not have the skills to race it, but it
was the toughest race I have ever done. My youngest daughter graduates from College at Chico on Sunday, so family events have to come first.
I do 30 miles of the bike course at least 2 days in training.

Now, when I do the race again next year, I am thinking of doing the Oly distance. I may have a better chance of racing that distance with the elevation
changes.

So, I would say it is a great race to do! Look at the HIM as a super training day with great people.

Sorry to hear about Sister Madonna. I heard about that on Sat when I got to WF. What exactly happened? I heard some guy may have caused her crash.

Dave

Quote Reply