Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Painting frame poll
Quote | Reply
So my TRS frame that I turned into a fixie, needed paint help...
Three years ago, one trip to the hardware store and one afternoon later, my frame had a fresh coat of neon yellow spay paint with two layers of gloss/finish. The frame is now not near as pretty as it should/could be (you get what you pay for), and I am looking for an upgrade to the paint job. (it also gives me a good excuse for a tear down, part clean, and rebuild in the summer, when the TT bike is recieving more love.) I have a limited budget, so I am polling to see what what is a good deal on a professional paint job. How cheap can I get a solid paiont job, I am not looking for my frame to get praise in the bike pjorn line or anything. I know some of your bikes have awsome looks and awesome paint jobs, and I know it is worth it but I am looking for something solid and cheap. Denver area, so any shipping would add to the cost, but I am not ruling out shipping it. Ideas? Experiences?
Quote Reply
Re: Painting frame poll [D1UCB4U] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to consider Spectrum powder coating here in Colorado Springs. They powder coat bikes for Colorado Cyclist, and I can only assume they would perform the same for an individual. I have no idea what the cost is, but power coat is usually quite durable.

Paul

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say, strip the paint, and get the frame anodized - it's pretty cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once contacted a local company that did large scale powder coating. They said they'd run my Al frame through for $50-100. Powder Coating in general is very tough and looks pretty good. I never went through with it but if it would have been $50 might not have been a bad investment.
Last edited by: Runless: May 9, 07 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My commuter SS has a powdercoat that cost NZ$40 (about US30 atm) - single colour, no clearcoat. Has been great - still no chips and is doing everything I could ask of it.
Quote Reply