Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

getting injected with steroid?
Quote | Reply
today i see a doc about this stupid poison ivy, which is now all over me.

this is a brand new doc; never been before (general physician). my husband is making me go, basically, or i wouldn't be going at all.

i'm thinking he's probably going to want to give me a shot of cortizone; but i'm concerned about what this will do to my training/health. does anyone know?

already i've taken a 5 day tapering pack of cortisolone, which gave some relief, but didn't really solve the problem (as now i have more rash, etc). i didn't really feel ill effects from this, but was paranoid about gaining weight. i did feel more puffy...

thanks for any insights,
your frustrated kitty
Last edited by: kittycat: May 8, 07 10:16
Quote Reply
Re: getting injected with steroid? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kittycat,

Aside from (possible) minor side effects I doubt that you will even notice you are on them except that the itching will stop. Unless of course you are as hapless as I and get Central Serous Retinapathy from them. Then you will have a blind spot right in the center of your vision caused from a water blister on your retina which lasts for 4-6 months and then more than likely will recur several times in the next 10 years. But that doesn't happen often!

It sounds like you had a rough day. Hang in there!

Bernie

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's the doctor here - you or the guy with the degree and the nice white coat. Either you trust the doc to do their job or you see someone else. When I want to be abused for my ardent slack angled stance - I post here. When I'm covered in red welts I do what my doc suggests or I lay off the bondage for a while.

Hope you feel better soon! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good lord, just do it woman! ;-) You're still suffering from the poison ivy?!?!?!

I had a big fat injection of cortisone in my hip last week for bursitis and I'm feeling great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to treat poison oak/ivy for at least 21 days (with steroids) or it often comes back/rebounds....as you so nicely have shown :)

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It all depends on your body... do what the doc says.

I had broken out in hives after getting my legs waxed once and they put me on steroid to clear them up... only thing I noticed was it dryed up my hives. :--P

Feel better.

Trisha
Quote Reply
Re: getting injected with steroid? [lajollaseal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everybody, i got the shot. my heart rate was a little high, and i feel hot, but that's about it. the situation is def more manageable now. :) (that's code for, i'll finally quit whining now. HA)
Last edited by: kittycat: May 10, 07 4:51
Quote Reply