Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project Sport Mask
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Looking for a new pair of sunglasses w/o an "upper" frame. I was wondering if anyone has used the Rudy Project Sport Mask and if so, what you think of them?

If not, other suggestions for sunglasses w/o the upper frame?

Adios
Dave

Help us raise money for Cancer Research - http://www.firstgiving.com/tri4cure
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [cttriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also from Rudy Project, the maskeryna.

Very light, the ear pieces don't pinch my head, and they have that lack of "upper frame" that lets me see forward when I'm down in aero.

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley zeros. Very light, work pretty well. I use rudy project rydons for road racing and running, and the zeros for TTing and triathlon bike leg.

Quote | Reply
I have a pair but large for my small head and don't use them. They are nice and light. PM me if your interested in purchasing a pair that has been worn twice.

o
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [owen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the lenses interchangable?

Adios
Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure they are not.

o
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [coredump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Very light, the ear pieces don't pinch my head, and they have that lack of "upper frame" that lets me see forward when I'm down in aero.

How do these do in low light conditions, cloudy, drizzle etc.?

Adios
Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair and love 'em.

They are relatively large (good coverage), but seem to look good on a variety of faces in a 'sports' way (maybe b/c no frame?) If you prefer really small glasses these are not for you, but otherwise you're good to go.

The nose piece is made out of some kind of grippy non-slip stuff that works great even when wet from sweat. The best part is the glasses are unbelievably light.

And yes, the lenses are interchangeable. I have the dark lens that comes w/ the glasses and the 'racing red' for cloudy days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume yes, since you can buy spare lenses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a look at the Adidas Supernovas as well. No upper frame and lenses can be changed to adjust to conditions.

robert
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [RA in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have a pair as well and love them. very light and excellent coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're on a budget:

http://www.amazon.com/...nglass/dp/B000EZYAQQ

Nashbar Arlons

I LOVE them. Lenses aren't interchangeable, but I've never had the desire to change them either. I hate sunglasses, and with these I don't even notice that they are on.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sport masks are great, they are wide but I'm not particularly delicately featured so suits me fine. Light and the rimless design works well for aero position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

How do these do in low light conditions, cloudy, drizzle etc.?
I have the amber ones, so they do pretty well, IMHO. Better than my other glasses which are polarized oakleys half-jackets.

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rimless is great but try them on or borrow a pair from a friend before you buy. I found that with my Oakley Zeros visibility is great but because there's no frame at the top compared to a framed pair of glasses where the frame is often 2-3x thicker than the lens and actually blocks a lot of light and air coming in over the top of the lenses (especially in the aero position) I get way to much light and wind coming in. I'm in my Radars now and they are perfect. Oh so btw, if you want to pick up a pair of black chrome/titanium iridium Zeros at a nice price PM me:) barely used!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i bought a pair recently with an extra set of lenses. great glasses! i wore them a handful of times and then went to change the lens and found that the clips on the lens that holds the ear pieces were cracked and virtually falling off. i called rudy and the person said that the lenses are not interchangeable for this very reason and that i should not have been sold extra lenses. the rudy website still shows them as interchangeable but according to customer service, this is not the case.

geoff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go try them on if you can, once you do you will buy them without any hesitation. By far the best sunglasses for sports ive ever owned, they are perfect for being in the aero position. They are great for the run as well but the important part is, while aero, they block nothing and have a moldable nosepiece so they will stay on your nose and stay where there is no gap at the top of the lens to let sunlight in. Prior to buying the sportmasks I had the oakley zeros for a day and took them back, they fit terribly. While the sportmasks are pricey they have a lens replacement guarentee for the life of the shades. I just sent mine back to get a new lens as i cracked them while i was in miami this weekend. I have the white ones(pictured)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tifosi Vogel - fit a little narrower than Oakley Zeros and Rudys
Also, about half the price.

http://www.tifosioptics.com/single/vogel.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with Jodi - definitely like the Nashbar Ariones. Under $20 is just unbelievable! They work great on small faces as most of the frameless ones (I tried the Oakley Zeros as well) are just too huge on my face.

Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm even more ghetto/budget than Jodi and Rod, I run Nashbar NoFrame glasses.
I like the orange and the yellow.

Can be had for $10 on sale. Like so:

http://www.nashbar.com/...20Sport%20Sunglasses

They do exactly what they need to (keep wind and bugs out of eyes, cut light a bit) and nothing more.
I treat 'em w/ swim goggle anti-fog stuff for races, so they stay fog free; otherise I just wipe 'em off on my jersey on a training ride if they get fogged or sweaty.

I refuse to spend big $ on something that's gonna get lost, dropped, scratched, stepped on, or squashed in a pack. These are damn near disposable at this price.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sport Mask [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asked Rudy Project about the Sport Mask sunglasses and whether the lenses were interchangeable or not. Here is my question and their response.

Hi,
I was wondering if you can tell me if the Sport Mask sunglasses have interchangable lenses. I have been hearing conflicting reports about whether or not they come with this ability.

Thank you.

Dave

Hi Dave, That frame was originally advertised as having replacement lenses available, however unfortunately that option is not available. Please feel free to contact customer service for any further assistance at 888-860-7597. Regards, -----O

Adios
Dave

Adios
Dave

Quote Reply