Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming in NYC
Quote | Reply
I would like to start swimming in NYC and heard that swimming Masters is the best way to get faster. Red Tide was recommended and I see that they even have tri friendly workouts in the am....does anyone have any experience with them?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming in NYC [Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming masters is a good way to pick up the swim, especially if your swim is weak(er) then the run or the bike. I have swum with redtide when I visit new york city. They are a great group. The practices are fast, hard and feature far more laughter then is reasonable at seven in the morning. Their site is chock a block with stuff at redtidenyc.org.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dukie,

I know alot of the guys and gals from SBR have had really good expiriences with them so far. I plan on doing one of their swim clinics in the coming months....

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard great things about this guys open water classes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thumbs up for Red Tide! I'm training with them for Nationals. They're a great masters swim team that just started offering tri specific workouts in the early am. They have elite level coaches who can not only write an intense workout, but who provide major guidance on technique as well. check them out at http://www.redtidenyc.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might want to try these guys:

http://tnya.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dukie, I've been swimming with red tide for 8 months. They conduct excellent sessions - the coaches plan the sessions well, give us challenging sets and we have a lot of fun. Training with these guys changed my whole outlook on swimming. I prefer cycling and running and am a weak swimmer. I used to do my swim workouts alone and was generally bored and considered swimming a chore. But red tide workouts are soooooo much fun. I look forward to their workouts and to swimming. In the past few months, I cut off 30 seconds off my 100 time!! They have a freestyle stroke clinic this weekend, definitely worth checking out & it's only $10.
Quote Reply