Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warranty experience w/ FSA?
Quote | Reply
Looking for advice on submitting a warranty claim w/ FSA (SLK Compact MegaExo cranks lasted less than 1 yr - crank arm came lose during ride - noticed it after I got home - LBS said I'm SOL) I'll followed the directions on their website regarding contacting them for a claim, but have not received a response.
Quote Reply
Re: Warranty experience w/ FSA? [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My FSA BB failed under warranty and they replaced it with no problems. I went through my LBS instead of contacting FSA directly.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call them and have your serial number handy. There is a serivce notice on the SLK's for your very issue and having them help you out should not be an issue at all.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Warranty experience w/ FSA? [Bobcatbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go back to your LBS... they should take care of it for you, especially if you purchased the crank from them. This is a known issue with FSA cranks (not just your model.) In fact, we have had to warranty 10-12 FSA cranks in the past year at my shop. FSA has been fairly easy to deal with and typically sends either a new NDS arm, or a whole new crank.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys all good advice, thank you. I'll have to try another PHX LBS that's may be more customer centric (since I didn't buy locally)...Funny how local LBS was quick to tell me it was shot and was willing to order me another $300+ crank :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First - do you have the blue teflon o-ring installed on the non-drive side crankarm? Second, can the carnk be removed and is the crank/crank bolt siezed/stripped? If yes to 1 and no to 2 then I suggest you or your LBS get a new mega-exo crank bolt, remove the teflon o-ring from the non-drive side crank arm, then install the non-drive side crank arm and torque the crank bolt to specified torque (listed on the head of the crank bolt). We have 5-bikes with a mix of FSA K-Force and SLK cranks and after having a SLK crankarm nearly fall off on my TT bike, the above procedure resolved the issue and none of the other bikes have had a problem.

If the spindle/crank arm bolt is stripped, cracked, or siezed, then you should consider contacting them direct to get a return authorization (RA) after which you can ship them the cranks to the address below:

425 488 8653
Full Speed Ahead US Headquarters
12810 NE 178th St. Suite 102
Woodinville, WA 98072

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LBS should handle it. Bikesport did when mine failed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same crank...same problem. I had purchased online but had them installed at my LBS. I just called FSA...got a Return Author #...and mailed them in. They replaced the crank arms and BB. It was not really a problem except for the $$ I was out return shipping them to FSA and then having them re-installed by LBS. That was 1000 miles ago...so I hope no more problems.

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: Warranty experience w/ FSA? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you clarify your instructions below? Is the solution simply adding the teflon O-ring?

I have K-Force Mega Exo cranks and when I grab both pedals I can wiggle them... as if the crank doesn't mate properly with the BB spindle.

My crank bolt is fine, it threads in perfectly, but I have no teflon O-ring. thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Guys all good advice, thank you. I'll have to try another PHX LBS that's may be more customer centric (since I didn't buy locally)...Funny how local LBS was quick to tell me it was shot and was willing to order me another $300+ crank :)
Exceptional. You want the best deal you can so you buy online or even EBAY - yet, you want all the service that a LBS provides while avoiding all of the overhead costs that are associated with running a brick & mortar shop. Priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: Warranty experience w/ FSA? [Mr. Consistent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly!!! people suck.
Quote Reply