Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three
Quote | Reply
We're up! Monty is cooking breakfast and it smells fantastic. No looks worse for wear and I'm looking forward to riding again today. It's a beautiful day!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speak for yourself! I was overserved. Its Emilio's fault!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [mlbdenver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bah! Suck it up princess. Nothing makes you tough like training hungover... ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy headwind, batman! Actually, its the craziest swirling wind ever! I almost got blown over on my bike about 5 times. Had to cut the ride short or risk finding myself splattered on the side of the highway.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [mlbdenver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty just checked weather.com and it's showing gusts of 25 mph. It sure feels like a whole lot more.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell yeah it felt like more. Nothing like riding for hours straight in a headwind only to find your much-anticipated tailwind has been replaced by yet more headwind. How cruel is that? That ranks right up there with IMWA 05. Horrible winds, rough roads. One of the toughest rides I have done, period. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just back from a 4 hour ride in this epic wind. I have never ridden in wind like this before. Un-freaking-believable! Did the first 1.5 hours with the group and then Cathy and I continued on for another loop. I almost checked out with 20 minutes to go, just because the wind had gotten me mentally. Cathy kept going, so I decided to try it as well. Surprisingly, I made it all the way back. Good for the mental toughness training. Hope Lake Placid never gets this windy.

Amazingly, Cathy continued on after dropping me off at the driveway. She is incredibly strong!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the weather guy...winds of

a 39 MPH headwind!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: ST Chick's Weekend: Day Three [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's more like it. I also posted some more pics on my blog (the decent ones I could post that is - too many were ix-nayed by Monty as "unpostable").

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply